NewJeans - New Jeans
ArthurPerry

É um lançamento bem interessante por ser bem diferente do que estamos acostumados no mercado do kpop em termos de sonoridade, mas mesmo assim fiquei meio decepcionado, mesmo não sendo ruim "New Jeans" deixa bastante a desejar

jairo0nehemias

Review: Esta nueva propuesta es muy interesante, me gusta mucho la estética de este nuevo grupo, las letras son buenas y el género urbano que llevan es muy llamativo.

Tracklist:
1. Attention 9.0/10
2. Hype Boy 8.2/10
3. Cookie 7.0/10
4. Hurt 8.5/10

marchintorussia

THIS IS WHAT KPOP SHOULD SOUND LIKE!

Yveltal

Love the whole aesthetic of this album!

Cookie made me uncomfortable... the fact that the girls are minors and the song can be interpreted in a sensual way makes it very weird

Favourites: Attention, Hype Boy
Least Favourite: Cookie

The_Noose

Preliminary Thoughts

Solid production, good vocals, some decent hooks, just a generally strong debut EP from a group showing a lot of promise!

There's certainly room for refinement with tracks like Cookie, but the overall quality is still good and this group has the potential to see a lot of success based on how catchy and groovy this is!

POPDESIGN

I can't understand the hype.
This stuff is just a mid K-Pop cliché.

rebelheart

whats the problem with "cookie"? the best song of this bland EP

ThatGuyAgain

much more generic than I thought it was gonna be. it’s still alright, I wouldn’t complain listening to this, but I wanted more. it just feels like it can be placed in every modern K-Pop cliche

TheRealEminem

Attention got me feelin sexy as shit like fuuuuuh 🥴

LilysMelody

Pretty fresh, also the art is cute

SwedishLotus

Best KPOP EP I've heard in a while, what is this group? This is a very impressive debut, I knew It would be worth my time when it was acknowledged by this community.

SnakeyWakey

I love the artwork 🤭🤭

ShoegazeJake

Transports the listener to a lovely virtual bilingual planet of rhythm and wonder.

blackholefriend

if you ignore the fact min heejin deserves the death penalty for being the creepiest human being ever, this EP actually goes pretty fucking hard

Deft

Better than your average K-pop band.

The 4-track EP by NewJeans is a small compilation of some jazzy pop mixed with contemporary K-pop and the end result is a cute and sweet pop project. It’s good, but nothing that will stand the test of time. Attention is probably the best track here, and the repeated “cookie” refrains on well Cookie annoy me, but the instrumental saves it.

surlace

The future funk tinge to their sound is what is going to set this group apart from other k-pop contemporaries, you heard it here first.

Benji55

My only compliant with this is that it's too short.

Yeah, I didn't really expect to like this, I'm not even the biggest k-pop fan, but this is really amazing, suck it BTS fans, this solos. Really relaxing production that can be listened by anytime and be liked, the choruses on Attention especially are just magical, I love it so much, I might as well dance around and sing like a girl because this shit makes me want to do that.

wainotwhy

Min Hee-jin needs to be locked up (not in a Yoo Young-jin way, in a "ayo what the fuck" way) but she does know to direct good music

hakura

lindo debut, emocionaram uma nação inteira

Do_You_Think_So

geometry dash core.

RaynerCS

Não me apaixonei por elas como as (MUITAS) pessoas na internet mas é um bom debut principalmente pelo refrão chiclete de Attention e pela energia de Hyper boy, que me deixam curioso para os próximos passos do grupo.

Melhores Faixas
-Hype Boy
-Attention

Salt

Overall: 81 (8.25 - 0.2 avg.)
Thoughts: I don't know how I should feel about this EP. Normally I try to not account controversies when rating albums, however Cookie makes me feel uneasy. Cookie feels really morally wrong, however if you didn't know the ages of the members then it's a really good song. Giving NewJeans Cookie for their debut seems like the worst decision Hybe could have made. Because of how uneasy Cookie makes me feel, I'll lower the overall rating by 2% and leave the rest up for ... read more

nnguyen

Hype Boy 100
Cookie 91
Hurt 75

boyofmilkyway

NewJeans' debut album is what K-pop needs right now: groups that are not afraid to run away from the "common" without going fully experimental and doing anything weird or out of the curve that their agencies would think that'll sound great. This kinda Y2K and groovy RnB-esque production has already been done before by other groups but these girls are making it sound fresh and sophisticated as if we haven't ever heard it before, and it sets the bar very high for what their future ... read more