Skepta - Konnichiwa
Konnichiwa
Didnt expect less from Skepta, has amazing songs on there and i loved all expect ladies hit the squad ( still i enjoyed Skeppys part but the other 2 musicians dont sound good with skepta or the beat, unly JME or Pharrel Williams on their features)
Never expected such an "emotional" song from skepta , so Text me Back got me crazy.
The most exciting thing that i noticed a few days ago on this album was on the song "ladies hit the squad", because on the last 30 secons of the ... read more
snucus
YO, SAFE WEE
(wa wa wee wa)
yoo
Brendo
Skepta's rapping on here is above average, but the best part of Konnichiwa is the amazing grime production on every single track (although, Numbers is kind of annoying).
BruhMan
FAV: Lyrics, Crime Riddim, It Ain't Safe, Ladies Hit Squad, Numbers, Man (Gang), Shutdown, That's Not Me, Detox & Text Me Back

LEAST: Konichiwa
TheBravesDH
Grime comeback in full force. I think he thought he was getting a different member of A$AP though.
CheapandLethal
Worth a listen
CxAylward
these songs are all so tight with like zero fat, but we've heard half of these songs already and we really needed new stuff from this guy at this point
someone please tell me what records made this guy famous, because telling from this, i cant believe it. very lackluster release from the up and coming grime scene of this year.
amygoodall
Lyrics [90]
Corn On The Curb [88]
Crime Riddim [92]
It Ain't Safe [94]
Ladies Hit Squad [76] (-)
Numbers [90]

That’s Not Me (feat Jme) // 100
Detox (feat BBK) // 98
Text Me Back // 97
CocoCrisper
For some reason, the two tracks with American rappers are among the worst on the album.
lkatz1109
BEST: it ain't safe, konnichiwa, man, shutdown, crime riddin, lyrics, that's not me, detox

WORST: ladies hit squad
I will always love this album.
Corn on the Curb is one of the strongest songs I've heard from this decade, it has an almost 2 minute skit, but that does not ruin the first 3 and a half minutes. God damn that song goes hard. Skepta and WIley just go verse after verse with little rest in between throughout the song. The rest of the album is also very consistent. The skits and the song with Pharrell are weak points, but overall, Konnichiwa is definitely a grower.
SeaBass
Credited with bringing grime back in full force, Skepta brought a hard hitting album that “broke down a few more barricades, Got me a few more accolades”, including bagging the Mercury Prize over Bowie and Radiohead. It’s a personal album full of strengths and insecurities, he’s in between his world and the mainstream, bringing personality, grit and emotion.
Fav tracks: Lyrics, Shutdown
raymon
It's a cool listen. Skepta brings some new energy to grime rap and probably exposes it more to Americans through this album. However, I felt it wasn't the greatest project. Some tracks felt underdeveloped or average. However, I do think it is an enjoyable record for the most part.
Obese_Beast
back to back to back bangers; does get a little repetitive in the middle though.

Best Sons: Konnichiwa, Lyrics, Numbers, Man (gang), Shutdown
Leozao
Confess i went to give it a look after being rewarded the mercury prize.

Im impressed. Great stuff, indeed. Not to mention that rewarding a grime artist is a great incentive for this local british genre. Smart.
zaxapitsa
Interesante, pero no lo volvería a escuchar.
arturostacey
can't understand how critics has given this a good rating
noonoo97
Nothing different or interesting from Skepta. The Beats throughout are extremely similar and simple topped off with a mixture of boring traps and some ok lyrics. Nothing special the fire in Skepta has seemed to fade and artistically this album is lacking. "Man" is a highlight in this album.
Fire