Nine Inch Nails - With Teeth
With Teeth
It's been six years since "The Fragile". Trent has finally won against drug addiction and went to the gym, and he has been rewriting the usual Nine Inch Nails formula to fit in with his new lifestyle. While this results in a much more accessible and traditional album than pretty much anything he's done (yes, even "Pretty Hate Machine"), "With Teeth" doesn't feel like it panders to its audience as it still retains what makes NIN so damn enjoyable! This is a ... read more
Brendo
Probably NIN's most accessible record, but Trent manages to do accessible in a way that doesn't make it feel inauthentic or bland, and I love that and this record.
notbuzzzila
People call this basic baby bullshit a lot, but whether or not it's more basic than The Fragile doesn't matter to me. It's the album that got me into Nine Inch Nails, and a handful of these songs could still crack my top 7 favorites by NIN (The Collector and The Hand That Feeds are still bangers).
While this album may have some duds, it's enjoyable overall.

Favorites: You Know What You Are? | The Hand That Feeds | Only | Getting Smaller

Worst: All the Love In the World | Sunspots
ChukPizel
Yeah, this is my first disappointing listen with the NIN discography, it isnt saying a lot since NIN is my favorite band of all time. Their are songs on here that not traditional, but fun interesting that do bring highlights in this album like only, getting smaller, with teeth, and everyday is exactly the same. It's just since this is the first mature album, it really throughs me off sometimes. Ever since Trent went sober, he lost a lot of his anger, and angst in music for more mature and I ... read more
This is Trent finally conquering his fears. The fear hasn't gone away, but on this album, in all of it's early 2000s glory, the fear seems much more fun, much more lively, much more accessible, and much less...well, fearing. It's a fear of letting the past go in order to move forward, and Trent and Co. move forward with long strides.

Favorite jams: Beside You In Time, You Know What You Are, Getting Smaller

Lest Favorite: The Line Begins To Blur
midnightbabe
The most accesible and catchy Nine Inch Nails album, and one of the best of 2005. Trent mixes his usual harsh industrial sound with big hooks, a lighter tone and a slight pop rock edge. A strange combination that leads to mostly great results.

There's super visceral noisy songs in here You Know What You Are and With Teeth, with abrasive ass guitars and distorded drums and effects, but most of the time Trent focuses on making out there industrial pop rock. The Hand That Feeds is a prime ... read more
An impossible feat exists in following up The Downward Spiral with just about any kind of different sound. Reznor and company come about as close as they possibly can on With Teeth, crafting something a bit less grimy and demented and instead making the emotions across The Downward Spiral prominent but more accessible to the common listener. Industrial rock is still at the heart of this record, but in many ways this is a more traditional alternative rock record. Most importantly, the group do ... read more
kappachino
What the hell
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
This being their most accessible album only strengthens how great it is. It’s memorable as hell and not as heavy as most of their discography, it still is a wild ride of an album.
Gresh854
The literal downward spiral of NIN’s career (that is until the next decade).
jandals
Not sure why people criticise this so much. It’s an incredibly consistent set of rock songs with an emotional core to it.
Weeza
Not bad at all in fact it's actually great
GABRIELinHELL
Decent
AndrewK
NIN´s most abrasive, punchy record. Trent holds nothing back, blaming everyone and everything for the seemingly infinite rage that consumes him.
Its metal, rock, electronic, drone, ambient and industrial. And great at meshing it all into a cohesive product.
josecarloslopes
Favorite tracks : YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE, LOVE IS NOT ENOUGH, GETTING SMALLER, THE LINE BEGINS TO BLUR and RIGHT WERE IT BELONGS.
Easily one of Trent's overrated works. Filled to the brim with lackluster writing and mediocre insturmentation, With Teeth is a disappointment.
IX
NIN at their most digestible. Not much to say here, it's a great album but sometimes you do end up feeling like it's missing something. I'll admit, though, I think the singles from this album get a bad rep sometimes - they're not exactly representative of NIN's discography, sure, but I'll be damned if they don't go hard.

Pop Smoke - Shoot for the Stars, Aim for the Moon
Pop Smoke
Shoot for the Stars, Aim for the Moon
Jessie Ware - What's Your Pleasure?
Jessie Ware