Metallica - Metallica
Top Favorite: The Unforgiven
Other Favorites: Wherever I May Roam, Sad But True, Nothing Else Matters
Least Favorite: Don't Tread On Me
Praesent
Metallica clearly shows that they're losing their creativity at this point. The production is the strongest part of this album.
While it isn't as snarling, angry, or aggressive, that doesn't make it any less fun to listen to. The Black Album has got surprisingly catchy tracks, and unsurprisingly brutal tracks as well. It's catchy, abrasive, and entertaining, and at the end of the day, that's what makes a great Metallica record.

Favorite Jams: Sad but True, Nothing Else Matters, Through The Never

Lest Favorite: Don't Tread on Me
kiccass_account
There are some really overplayed songs but it doesn't change the fact they're good

FAV TRACKS: Unfrogiven, Nothing Else Matters, God That Faild, Enter Sandman, Sad But True
Holy shit i love almost every song from this album.
jandals
enter sandman is an absolute badass banger and you know it.
AntiPop
I will say there is more to this album than just Enter Sandman and Nothing Else Matters
kappachino
That drop in quality, though
gas_souza
Of Wolf and Man - 75
The God That Failed - 80
My Friend of Misery - 85
The Struggle Within - 75

Destaques: Wherever I May Roam, Sad But True, My Friend of Misery, Enter Sandman e Holier Than Thou
A great album with some of Metallica's best and most famous songs. There's not really much bad on this album: I liked pretty much every song. However, I have to admit that I do prefer their older sound over most of this. But still, songs like The Unforgiven and Sad But True are amazing and are easily some of my absolute favourite Metallica songs. Still don't think I'm going to come back to this as much as their first three, though.

Favourite Tracks: Sad But True; The Unforgiven; Wherever I May ... read more
notbuzzzila
It's easy to forget just how phenomenal songs like Enter Sandman, Sad But True, The Unforgiven and other hit singles are because of their overplayed status. Sure, it's annoying to hear them all the time, but GOD they're SO GOOD. So are the rest of the tracks here, it's a pretty long album (over an hour long) but it's all worth it.
rika_
dude it's the one with the enter sandman...........oh, right, the other ones are good too
slickleg
Of their first five albums, their worst effort, but still one of the best metal albums ever made?
How does that work, I ask?
Well... Metallica, I guess. They're just the band of the people. The ultimate. The big one.
This was their last great album, imo, until Hardwired (2016), which I think is their best record since this 1991 motherfucker right here.
*Sad But True
3. Enter Sandman
2. Nothing Else Matters
1. The Unforgiven
Mythic
Metallica’s self titled project really differs from its previous works. It’s filled with a variety of softer tracks as well as some thrashier tracks which the band is really well-known for. It’s executed beautifully and makes for a really intriguing listen.
I have always regarded Metallica as an overrated band but this shit is good
84/100
Hypnoglitz
Flow isn't there like earlier projects but many of these songs are standard for metal. I never tire hearing how well the guitar crunch sounds with their work.
TOO SOFT, CHOPPY AND CASUAL FOR METALLICA! Its still very good. Unfortunately it's their last good record (so far).
overrated but still an amazing piece of music. metallica took the focus away from their instrumetals and added in more vocals, and shorter songs. thats about the only complaint i can give about this, i just preferred their (slightly) rougher sound. metallica is without a doubt the best metal band of all time.
fav tracks: enter sandman, through the never
least fav track: the unforgiven
mattund89
This is MY favourite album of all time. It is also the greatest metal album on the earth.

Lil Nas X - 7