Ladytron - Time's Arrow
Sykelone

Female lead Pet Shop Boys. Animal Store Girls.

MusicGod

bin reaper 4?????

VER0

now we need kidtron teenagertron adulttron mantron nonbinarytron genderfluidtron demiboytron demigirltron and more

Shearer

Super one-note and monotonous album. Memorability falls off hard after the first 3 tracks.

nervousestate

Time's Arrow is a decent synthpop record that has a lot of great ideas, even if the execution isn't as consistent as I'd like it to be. I've never listened to Ladytron before, but throughout all of the songs the vocalist(s?) have big hooks and very atmospheric and dense synths. The vocals can get a little bit grating at times, but on songs such as The Night and The Dreamers, the tracks are so good that you forget about this.

My main issue with Time's Arrow - and the reason why I didn't rate it ... read more

WilderRecords

Rating : 5.0
Favourite Track : Misery Remember Me

The newest record by Ladytron doesn’t deviate away from their signature futuristic synth sound from past work/albums, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but after four years since 2019’s self titled, it leaves the tried and tested sound slightly stale.

Don’t get me wrong, there are some great standouts here including City Of Angels and Misery Remember Me, but the consistent same production throughout the album ... read more

NTTR

Ladytron - Time's Arrow

Genre: Electropop
Country: UK

Final Verdict: 57% (Pleasant Album)
Yearly Ranking: 38th / 45

Highlight: Misery Remember Me

Made me think of:
Goldfrapp
Fischerspooner
Goldfrapp

ventolin

[funny joke about babytron here]

favorite songs: misery remember me, city of angles
least favorite song: the dreamers

CYM

Decepcionante disco de Ladytron, probablemente el peor de su discografía. Canciones sin gancho, incluso francamente aburridas por no decir malas, como Time's Arrow, horrorosa. Al menos City of Angels, Misery Remember Me y The Night salvan este disco del desastre. We Never Went Away y California también aguantan. Una lástima.

Ferenc

Siento un ligero dejo del viejo Ladytron en cuanto a sonido sin embargo a cuanto ritmo es distinto es mas lento, tirandole casi a un sonido atmosférico casi cinematográfico. Los sintetizadores están mas remarcados con el estilo característico de ellos al igual que su voz, pero por lo mismo no aporta nada diferente que en sus otros seis discos no se haya escuchado antes. No pido que ahora toquen death brutal metal pero hay maneras de re-inventarse sin perder su sello. ... read more

pyddl

Between the hazy production and the sterile vocals, this album isn't nearly as otherworldly as it thinks it is. The record is just ok, falls off by the end of the runtime.

merduardo

O tratamento vocal fantasmagórico e cheio de reverb característico da banda (e que é um dos motivos de eu ser fã) atinge novos patamares aqui. A atmosfera eletrônica também está diferente dos outros trabalhos, mais oitentista e etérea, como se eles tivessem viajado para 20 anos antes dos anos 2000, aos quais sempre estiveram presos (mais um motivo de eu ser fã), e se inspirado no Cocteau Twins.

Um pouco mais pop e sintético, ... read more

DolphinLaugh

This gets rough at some parts when it comes to what feels like tryhard futuristic synth-pop vocal performances that sound a little too 80's reminiscent.

With this said, the production gets really ethereal at times,. When combined with her voice kind of functioning as part of the synths and washing over the background, it can be really good. I loved Misery Remember Me, California, and Time's Arrow.

adrianiturralde

Fav tracks:
- Faces
- We Never Went Away

Least fav:
- Sargasso Sea

julnen

ᴅɪꜱᴄʟᴀɪᴍᴇʀ: ᴛʜɪꜱ ʀᴀᴛɪɴɢ ɪꜱ ʙᴀꜱᴇᴅ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ᴏᴘɪɴɪᴏɴ. ɪᴛ ᴍᴀʏ ʙᴇ ᴡᴇɪʀᴅ ᴛᴏ ꜱᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʀ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀꜱ, ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ'ꜱ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴀɴ ᴏᴘɪɴɪᴏɴ. ɪᴛ ꜱʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ɴᴏᴛ ʙᴇ ᴛᴀᴋᴇɴ ꜱᴇʀɪᴏᴜꜱʟʏ. ɪ'ᴍ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴇɴᴊᴏʏ ɴᴇᴡ ᴍᴜꜱɪᴄ ᴏʀ ᴄᴀᴛᴄʜɪɴɢ ᴜᴘ ᴡɪᴛʜ ꜱᴏᴍᴇ.

City of Angels - ... read more

ultravox

e hora da última review do dia (pois eu ainda continuo viciado em Clams Casino): Ladytron.

Ladytron é uma banda que eu conheço por causa de Nerd For Speed: Carbon, jogo lendário da era de ouro da franquia NFS. neste jogo, uma (ou duas, n lembro) músicas da banda estavam nela como parte da EA Trax, e eu sinceramente gosto bastante daquelas duas músicas.

como eu nunca ouvi um álbum inteiro da banda, tiro a oportunidade pra ouvir o mesmo. o ... read more

andyintoronto

Very little to grab my attention here. Not a huge fan of the genre but there are little hooks and no memorable tracks here.

winitheju

Wow I really fucking hated that

TylerBennett

Cool soundscapes, but really failed to hook me other than on a few key tracks, like on Misery Remember Me, which is a major highlight.

sorrowfulsoil

time's arrow is beautifully atmospheric, ethereal and has great moments

iangarrett216

one of the most forgettable "dream pop" albums I've heard in a WHIIIILEEEE

MitchesLoveSosa

They tryna be Susanne Sundfør so bad. The synth instrumentals carry, but not enough to hide the weak and repetitive lyrics.

thefinschise199

Ladytron with “Time’s Arrow” prove they are very much still a band with plenty to offer. Hell, their late career high streak continues to be very fruitful, and the good on this album certainly outweighs the bad. There are however, compared to their last album, a handful of more phoned in moments that get ugly really fast.

Give A Listen To: "City of Angels", "Faces", "Misery Remember Me", "The Night", "The Dreamers”, ... read more

novctrs

really pleasant record with new wave and dream pop vibes

EldoubleU

Cool mix between more alternative and synthy sound. California is clearly a standout track for me