Local Natives - Sunlit Youth
Sunlit Youth
winitheju
To me this sounds like what would've happened if foals tried to make a pop record. The melodies are uninteresting and generic, and the vocals don't add too much. While there are some high points (fountain of youth and coins, specifically) this album is a major disappointment from a band whose debut showed so much promise
sourcherry24
Pretty good indie rock/pop record. And digging the album art too.
JFulfy
Coins is an AMAZING song.
JulianGomez974
This is more for newcomers... I think they're trying to grab a new audience with this album. I can still feel some Local Natives elements, but as an overall it can be confused with any other indie rock band of the moment. There's some nice tracks and you can pass through all of the 12 without cringing (except Jellyfish, I swear this is terribly mixed), however you don't feel like any of them has awakened something in you... they're just ok. It's kinda sad after their previous efforts.

Fav ... read more
chessmess
One of my favorite bands of all time, Local Natives release what I perceive to be their worst record to date. It is still not bad, but far from what we saw in Gorilla Manor or Hummingbird.

It feels like this record is Local Natives having fun with their sound more than actually improving upon what they had already developed sonically.

Favorite tracks: Coins, Villainy, Masters.

Little Simz - GREY Area
Plastic Anniversary
Dave - Psychodrama
Dave
Psychodrama
Foals - Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost (Part 1)
Foals
Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost (Part 1)
Solange - When I Get Home