Ryuichi Sakamoto - 12
Flannel_

Minimal, reflective, somber and irremovable from the human experience which birthed it. Ryuichi Sakamoto has lead an amazing musical existence, and I hope to hear him continue it.

Brian Eno level ambient. Points because he is a legend and the cancer diagnosis sucks.

Furman

Sendo música ambiente, evidentemente ouvi o disco fazendo coisas do meu cotidiano; e devo dizer, não foram rara as vezes que ele foi capaz de me distrair. É impressionante a habilidade de Sakamoto surpreender com sons tão minimalistas. O homem é uma lenda viva!

umtaldetales

Por mais que eu tenha gostado das músicas, eu não tive muita paciência pra ouvir tudo ahhaha

Não curto muito esses novos albums de música classica

Beautiful and melancholic. A "simple" piece of art

Ferenc

Es un regreso pero también se siente como una carta de despedida :(

marieamuro

20220302: 65
20220307: 70
20220404: 75
20220304: 78

eu entendo de música clássica contemporânea? não. então por que estou julgando isso? pois sou MALUCA!! como eu vim do pop eu to dando nota pelas melodias aqui, eu nem sei se esse tipo de música tem melodia ou sei la kkkkkk mas eu fui me guiando pelo os sons que eu achava mais bonitos, ... read more

winitheju

A beautiful record that admittedly I'll probably never listen to again.

pyddl

Haunting

VER0

this album always fucking hurts me to listen to stay strong sakamoto. your music has always helped me in dark times

Yo

this is pretty good

PowderedGround

Album artwork screams Deutsche Grammophon.

Ryuichi Sakamoto's '12' is a beautiful addition to an ever increasing ambient excursion that I seem to be embarking upon.

babesinmytrap

красивый и тяжелый для восприятия из-за общего бекграунда альбом японского композитора Рюити Сакамото выпустивший альбом-дневник неделю назад на свой 71ый день рождения записаный в течении последних двух лет особо тяжелой стадии борьбы с раком.
такое конечно в 5 утра ... read more

Dave_sardine

It's sometimes hard to give an objective score on ambient records like this. What differentiates them from other similar records is the small intricacies and how well the pieces fit together.

In this instance, the organic feel of the first half pad ladened tracks going into the piano pieces near the end makes a good transition, and once again proves that, when it comes to detail and attention despite the ailments going on in his personal life, Ryuichi has still very much got it.

Louis13

44 years since his acclaimed debut 'Thousand Knives Of', Sakamoto is still making quality music this time in the form of sparse, ambient piano pieces recorded over the space of about a year. Given the context of the album though, with Sakamoto's experience of "living alongside cancer" after his second diagnosis, I wish I felt a connection to more than just a few of these tracks, considering how much emotion was obviously put into them.

Favourite Tracks: 20220207, 20220302 - ... read more

Some of his less interesting work

JoopK

Ryuichi Sakamoto is a Japanese composer who was a member of the Yellow Magic Orchestra, but he's most famous for his scores. He even received an Oscar, an Academy Award, and a Golden Globe for his soundtrack to The Last Emperor. Perhaps even more impressive, he composed for the opening ceremony of the 1992 Olympics in Barcelona. And last but not least, Sakamoto composed the startup sound of the Sega Dreamcast.

Sadly, Sakamoto was diagnosed with cancer, but despite that, he hasn't stopped ... read more

merduardo

Um álbum que emociona por si só, com seus sons de respiração sobre pianos melancólicos e uma atmosfera fria e sombria, mas saber das circunstâncias desoladoras da sua composição eleva esse sentimento a outro patamar.

De partir o coração.

Fav tracks: 20210310, 20220207, 20211201 e 20220202
Least fav: 20211130

nervousestate

Of course, the story behind Ryuichi Sakamoto's 12 speaks for itself, but upon hearing the record you really do feel the beauty and the pain behind the music. The record's hour run-time flew by and I found myself getting lost in my own thoughts while Sakamoto's rich, ambient landscapes provided a soundtrack.

I think ambient music can sometimes be a little meandering and directionless. However, 12 never lacked any sense of purpose and everything felt just right. A few of the songs stood out to ... read more

elias_kakashi

12 es mucho más minimalista que su predecesor async, en este álbum el piano predomina por sobre el sintetizador lo que le da un cierto sonido que remite a música clásica de señores XD no me molesta (si me molesta) pero me resulta mucho menos interesante a la hora de escuchar este álbum.
Considero que como un álbum ambiental, falla en proporcionar una atmósfera clara, pues la primera mitad tiene mucho más sintetizador y un sonido ... read more

seboune

Pure and intimate.
FAVORITE: 20220214

Klondike

I don't even know how to articulate my thoughts towards this project. Ryuichi Sakamoto has given us this album following his cancer diagnosis, and the feelings put forth by the ambient waves of breathing and piano keys reflect that. It feels as haunting as it is harrowing and indicative of the emotions I can imagine the composer is going through. Strong 7

ImJohnDoe

I'd actually rather listen to Nav

tsksk

Death is, unfortunately, something that no one can run away from. Not the strongest of warriors, the smartest of intellectuals, not even the most talented of artists, as we have seen in music again and again. However, the most interesting thing to me is when artists directly confront their death, such as the subject of this review – Ryuichi Sakamoto.

Ryuichi Sakamoto is a legendary Japanese musician and composer. Once a member of electronic music pioneers Yellow Magic Orchestra, Mr. ... read more

Paullover

The sound of breath on the third track is wonderful.
This is an experience of your own stillness