Ardotucus

i enjoyed it. kinda.

zucccuck

Pretty nice and comfortable listen, but doesn't stand out or surprise me in any way.

crich1999

Well if you already didn't like his last album that was stripped back instrumentally, you certainly won't get anything out of this one that doesn't have any vocals to go with it.

Cyzzyx

Royalty-free music that would probably be in YouTube's audio library. Severely lacks development, but the character keeps the tracks from becoming nauseating.

nickrampe

Decent background music but nothing more.

CapriccioFarcee

A very nice album, it's very soothing and relaxing. It feels like background music to a very quiet life. I like that a lot.

AceSlayer

pretty chill instrumentals, not much else to say. it's like if you took like all of Mac DeMarco's chill or acoustic songs, and stripped them of vocals and you would have this. it's an interesting idea, and the story of how the album was made is pretty cool, like traveling to Utah and recording shit along the way, but there's not much going on in the instrumentals which makes this kinda boring. it's nice though

kaibr

Probably Mac's worst because it is purely instrumental. Still great but I'm not huge into instrumental albums. Good to sleep to or have as background noise.

boattttt

As my first mac demarco album, I was feeling like this would be a good listen of the first few tracks. but after track four this ablum is just constant mid instrumental after mid instrumental. really disappointed, but still decent enough I guess.

SonicDiscovery

There really hasn’t been much for me to be excited about in recent releases by Mac DeMarco and the same can very much be said for Five Easy Hot Dogs, his latest random instrumental album. It is fun to imagine Mac getting inspired by the different places he visited while exploring the vast lands of this country and although there are moments that contain interesting melodies playing over easy going grooves, there just isn’t anything further to sink your teeth into. I was really ... read more

Garret

I could fall asleep to this.

prime autism music

spencarbruhbruh

hOOOOOOOOOOOOOnk shoooooooo mi mi mi mi mi

grdgls

just a bunch of mid instrumentals

The whole album felt like out of tune. If an album is instrumental then the main focus would delivering great instrumental songs! I understand the ambient feeling of the album but one could easily get irritated. There should be variety in instrumentals. He could've done better with a little bit more effort.

SoundOwl

Oof.
Wow, this was colorless and boring.. damn Mac why?

Pengu776

It’s ok I guess. Was expecting more from Mac

Numberce

Five Easy Hot Dogs is a pleasurable little intrumental detour from Mac's usual works, but it's really not much more that that. It's neat and cozy background music while it's on, but ultimately forgettable in the long run.

This Mac project show how hes been growing since This Old Dog. I love this new direction he took into the bedroom pop

adritaaww

It's not the worst record. But I don't remember the 35 mins of 'songs' in here. The instrumentals are bare but I don't have an issue with that. It's the ideas. Nothing is memorable except wonky tuning. But I think it's to the benefit of this record that it had no vocals. Vocals would lower the score even more. Nevertheless, I had a peaceful time chilling to this.

Atro

My man really said "how could I make the most uninteresting album of my career, and possibly of all time" and made this. There is nothing here. If it was on in the background I would forget it was on.

uninspired, def not returning to it. mac de marco showing once again why he’s really all not to talented.

This is great as background noise for chilling out - but offers little else. Weirdly it sounds like Mac Demarco songs sans lyrics…which is kind of a reminder that most of his songs (and song writing skills) sound the same over the last two or three albums. Its something I’ll return to when I want something instrumental to work to but not much else.

Waiting for a bandcamp artist to use this

their_nickname

Mac Demarco is not talented enough to do an instrumental record. Mac Demarco had made me hate claves. Mac please, put away the clave and lock it up tight.