Mac Miller - The Divine Feminine
The Divine Feminine
rosequartz
booooorriinngg like cool you have a gf doesnt excuse you from stretching out a mediocre song for like 6 minutes
PreeMo
I prefer this over Swimming...in 2016, Mac Miller didn't make anything better when it comes to his songwriting, but the melodic production and his delivery just have more life in them...and the prominent features also do their thing in a positive way...

Overall an effort I don't mind when it's played in the background...maybe I come back if I want to listen to some neo-soul, jazzy stuff...
theRoids
My first impressions of this album are very good. Got some Malibu vibes from this, which is awesome. I honestly didn't think Mac could pull off a full album of songs like this, but apparently he can. Very solid album overall.

Best Songs: Dang!, Stay, Cinderella, Favorite Part, God is Fair, Sexy Nasty

Worst Songs: Planet God Damn

Edit: Also just realized why I enjoy this much more than a lot of Mac's other projects - it's not ridiculously long and it doesn't overstay it's welcome.

Edit 2: ... read more
what do you know, he's still not good.
Eh, idk too sappy for me, I enjoy a good hip-hop love song here and there of course, but a whole album of them? not for me. Whilst Mac definitely seems to be in a very happy positive mental headspace atm and good for him and stuff, but a lot of the romantic bars on this thing were pretty cheesy and made this thing a tad bit more painful to get through than it should have been. The beats and features were really great though for the most part so props there, overall, a decent album, not mad at ... read more
tl;dr I really wanted this album to be good, but only 4 tracks are really album worthy.

I really wanted this to be an amazing album, but unfortunately I don't feel like this is his best work.
The biggest flaw of this album is the way it's set up, most albums Mac ever put out had a couple different moods and flavours, but this album really only has one. This makes that it feels not so much like an album, but rather the selection of love songs which could make it on an 'bigger' album.

Although ... read more
papadave
"Cinderella" and "God Is Fair, Sexy Nasty" are some of Mac's best productions to date. Sentimental pieces about love that have aged like fine wine. I wish I could say the same for the rest of the album.
Z.Younk
Far better quality than most of his records even if most of the songs seem to revolve around the same themes.
Ha Ha Ha the Ariana track tho
IvoBraga
The vibes on this album are just too good re-listened to all of his projects because of his passing, and all i can say is thank you Mac, you made me the man i am today.
dzrey
SLAP: Dang!, My Favorite Part

SKIP: Soulmate, Planet God Damn

VERDICT: Could have shaved those eight minute songs in half, I love this album name
holyfishpaste
RIP MACRIANA MILLANDE

honestly I like the more serious, poetic and drawn out formula. And the theme is really enthralling as he confronts his internalized misogyny and overall love for his gf, his mom and grandma, and women in general. And these might have his best, or at least most intentional and purposeful production yet. Very interesting concept album from the most unlikely source.

fave tracks: Congratulations, Dang, Stay, God Is Fair Sexy Nasty, Skin
depr3ssedlolcow
Not a fan of the album really, but at least this album gave me Dang!
BruhMan
Mac made his Flower Boy before Flower Boy, Just not as good.

FAVORITE TRACKS: Congratulations, Dang!, Stay, Cinderella, Planet God Damn, We & God Is Fair, Sexy Nasty

LEAST FAVORITE: Skin & Soulmate
really good development and a better side to mac
JFulfy
If it finished stronger than it did started, then this album would be topping my year, but I dont like how it finished. The starting with Dang, Stay, Cinderella, Planet God Damn, is incredible.

Cinderella one of my favourite songs of the year
Art.
Mac Miller has always occupied an odd place in hip-hop. He’s a solid, dextrous rapper with a chameleonic sense of style, but until The Divine Feminine, everything he’s released has felt somewhat like an apology. http://renownedforsound.com/index.php/album-review-mac-miller-the-divine-feminine/
HighClouds
Ultimately this album as a whole is not entirely awful, much of the instrumentation is impressive and there is a definite standout track in the Anderson .Paak featured “Dang!” but lyrics of this poor quality cannot hold a hip hop album together. So thanks Mac but I’ll just hope your next one is better.
FULL REVIEW on: http://www.highclouds.org/mac-miller-the-divine-feminine-review/
dyelir
It seems as though Mac Miller benefits from the tastemakers he hangs out with - Anderson.Paak and ScHoolboy Q (the latter featured on his last album) have both put out stellar releases this year and now Mac follows suit, leaning a lot on Paak's groove-influenced rap. There is a coherent storyline here, a first for Miller's albums- the disconnect with the opposite sex, and it is woven into the album seamlessly.
sehun
Fue una experiencia interesante, personalmente creo que le queda mejor este concepto.

Favoritas: Dang!, Skin, Soulmate y God Is Fair Sexy Nasty
My Favorite Part (feat. Ariana Grande) 7/10
God ... read more
Lazy
StephenChou
It's interesting to step back and reminisce about Mac's earlier music, and how it has evolved today. What comes to mind is his track 'Donald Trump,' an average Soundcloud/low production type record, compared to his newest release, 'The Divine Feminine.' Mac Miller pushes the boundaries by releasing a full love-album LP. It's smooth, jazzy, and soft. Although the instrumentals are catchy, and Mac's flow soothing, it feels rather awkward coming from Mac Miller.
Has a few highlights, but even those moments wear out their welcome. I really wanted to love this, it feels inspired, the tone and production is all quality and sonically cohesive, but the end result is that most of the songs are just kind of bland.

Lots of chord progressions that just lack any oomph or beauty, the instrumentals are performed well, but its like they were generated by a "jazzy hiphop song generator". And just kind of go on and on without building into anything ... read more
christianrjs9
I've always thought that Mac made some of the best love songs in rap and he proves it again with this album.

Favorites: Skin, Cinderella, Sexy Nasty, Planet God Damn
MarkCooper
Didn't think Mac had it in him. Nothing deep here, but for once in Mac's music, the beat and instrumentals are more important than his voice, and I commend him for that.
sourcherry24
This is really good.
chuyin49
I'm really impressed with Mac Miller on this one. He keeps on getting better as an artist every album.

My fav tracks are "Cinderella", "Dang!" and "Stay"

Little Simz - GREY Area
GREY Area
CHAI - PUNK
CHAI
PUNK
Matmos - Plastic Anniversary
Matmos
Plastic Anniversary
Foals - Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost (Part 1)
Foals
Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost (Part 1)
Dave - Psychodrama