Biig Piig - Bubblegum

This album is great. Sounds dreamy lol.

winitheju

I’d happily listen to more of this. Some major bops here

throatgoeat

Indie pop music in different variations. There are hints of electro motifs, alternative, and R&B. It's not much, but it's well done, so I recommend listening. Perhaps, these 19 minutes are not enough. But in general, the singer reveals her capabilities. "Bubblegum" is sweet and nice to look at, but it's sticky, I like the innocence, but I was attracted to the texture - airy, elastic, stretchy. And it also bursts. This is what I felt in the album," the singer said.

GreatestAOTYs

Bubblegum is a pretty sweet little Mixtape from Biig Piig, that makes for a pleasant and enjoyable listening experience, but lacks that little special something to make the material here stick around for too long afterwards.

CollinClark

Biig Piig - Bubblegum (2023)

I kinda diig Biig Piig.

Ghosting - 75
Picking Up - 66
In The Dark - 75

weewoupe

at first, i saw the bright colors scattered in the clouds, so i jumped in. with how airy and spacious the first two tracks were, it felt like i was falling into a cloud with nothing to grasp onto. past the rough start, however, i find footing—the “kerosene” dance party, the hyperpop-tinged “picking up,” the luxurious “in the dark,”—i’ve passed through the cloud and landed on a spaceship, where the beats are tight and the vibes are great. ... read more

humm1ng_b1rd

Quando não se rende ao genérico e entrega canções terrivelmente esquecíveis e sem personalidade como "Only One" e "Kerosene", "Bubblegum" aumenta o auto astral de quem o escuta com "This Is What They Want", "Picking Up" e "In the Dark". É um caso bem atípico, bem estranho, e que custaria muito tempo para se desmistificar até se descobrir se possuí algum valor ou não, ... read more

EvanLeatherbarr

2023 - #25
Pleasently surprised by how nice this actually was, well done. Her vocals are stunning, and the production is unique + very well done.

netuniano

Top 3:

1°) In the Dark
2°) Ghostling
3°) Only One

Embora pequeno, Bubblegum é um projeto muito bem polido, ... read more

angelwings

The cover drew me in for some reason, this is my first time even hearing of Biig Piig.

She has a lovely singing voice and her writing ain’t bad either for these poppy relationship ballads. Production’s is groovy at points, and dreamy other times. I wish there was more to every track on here, each time a song would end I’d feel a little bummed it didn’t extend further.

Aside from that, this was a lovely listen! I’d definitely be interested in hearing more her in ... read more

MitchesLoveSosa

A cute, fun, and infectious dance pop mixtape to boost your mood.

EldoubleU

Pretty enjoyable, but nothing too out of the norm

evelezt

First of all, the artwork has nothing to do with the music, I was waiting for heavier stuff. I felt some inspirations such as Yaeji and Pinkpantheress but sadly with no personality or originality beyond that.

dollybelle

Biig Piig is a name that I surprisingly never heard until I listened to this mixtape. I must say that I am somewhat dissapointed in this project, but I do see a lot of potentional for growth. “Bubblegum” is one of the most indie mixtapes to ever indie. The instrumentals don’t feel unique to her and there is an overabunduce of the classic indie sound elements which leave me wanting more that distinguishes her from every other indie pop girl of modern.

“Only One” ... read more

this is what they meant- 92/100
ghosting- 70/100
picking up- 66/100
in the dark- 79/100

FINAL THOUGHTS: a actually pretty good sound that gets over used too frequently without doing anything to make it special or unique. but that’s not to say it’s bad, but it does get repetitive despite its short length. vocals and instrumentals are generally good though which can uplift the somewhat generic lyrics.

FINAL RATING: 74

AndrewMoore

There are no major standouts but I pretty much liked every song on this album. Ghosting and Picking up were the Closest thing to weak links.

Best Tracks

Only One
Kerosene
This is What They Meant *

tentoir

pretty fun with some good vibes but also felt a little bit simple and underdeveloped

VER0

this was ok
im sorry,,, fror m,,yy d,,a,a,vid,,,,bowie,,,review refollow me bitches!!!
actually nvm if you dont know about the mxyo incident idk how to think of you

marieamuro

ghosting: 70
picking up: 50
in the dark: 55

lema

Amazing production and lowkey vocals to complement that. Catchy melodies sprinkled all over this mixtape. Really taking todays pop elements and mixing them with lo-fi type characteristics and dnb breakbeats.
Tracks like "Kerosene" really make you bop your head to the beat. I first heard "In the Dark" in a playlist while I was working in Photoshop and it grabbed me by the ear and made me check out the whole project.
In some ways this reminds me of a speedier kind of ... read more

nokitron

Her voice would really work on a CFCF production. Manifesting.

beatrizwho

Sussurra Jessica! Queria mais faixas!
#1 This Is What They Meant
#2 In The Dark
#3 Kerosene
#4 Liquorice
#5 Ghosting
#6 Picking Up

Groovy little project. Not sure if I’m a huge fan of the whisper singing. Mixed feelings on that, but the tone of the album is immaculate. Good vibes all around.

lizzobese

I heard Kerosene in an H&M the other day and it’s interesting that the album came out the day after.