Danger Doom - The Mouse and the Mask
The Mouse and the Mask
POWERHOUSE!

Funnily enough, this is the most animated we've heard DOOM, the most light-hearted. This is the album where I also realize that he's not just a rapper, he's not just an artist, not just a villain he's a comedian, a brilliant one at that.

Also, that moment where Space Ghost is pissed with DOOM was priceless, I was jumping in my seat laughing.

Best: THE MASK, A.T.H.F., BASKET CASE, NO NAMES, SPACE HO'S, CROSSHAIRS

Weakest: OLD SCHOOL
NaeemLikeShady
madvillianys little cousin with autism
This is far from being my favourite Doom album, but it's still a solid release.

This is an album that I feel really had potential to be one of the best in Doom's discography. The flows here are just as great as always, and at times even better than a lot of what he has done before. Songs like Sofa King really show off what Doom is capable of. Also, the features here are really good for the most part. While I didn't really like Talib Kwell, I think that most everyone else did their part very ... read more
KingKRoolisBack
Not as amazing as MF Doom’s earlier projects, but still, it’s still solid. While the production isn’t on the level of both Madvillainy and Mm..Food, Danger Mouse’s production is still decent and does the job, also, this probably has to be MF Doom most energetic performance to date, especially on tracks like The Mask and Perfect Hair, I do find this album a little cheesy at times, I mean, MF Doom literally raps about the characters on Aqua Teen Hunger Force on, ... read more
EDIT: I have listened to this album numerous times in the past month, as I realized how little I had gone back to it. This is the more fun and energetic version of Madvillainy. I might like it a little bit more, but time will tell.

doom never fails to amaze me. this had some great raps and equal production. in my opinion, the skits of aqua teen hunger force were my favorite out of all the samples and cartoon sounds that doom has used in his albums, these gave the album a lighthearted feel. ... read more
MaxAutunno
As I move through Doom's discography, I can't help but feel like it's all starting to sound very similar. Only the first few tracks on here really stood out to me. Now, don't get me wrong, this was still a very fun, enjoyable listen, but I really want to see Doom experiment with new sounds.

Best: El Chupa Nibre; Sofa King; The Mask; Perfect Hair
Worst: Space Hos
luna128
Madvilliany but worse
tonymontana
Dumile has entires galaxies of cultural knowledge in his brain delivered with hypnotique flows, always crypted behind his enigmatic sarcasm.
if it weren't for some weak instrumentals, annoying adult swim skits or the guest talib kweli (made a good verse but the delivery was too highpitched) that suck the splendor this gem would have been more fine.
nullsethope
Holy shit this album is such a fun listen. Doom kills it and the sonic aspect of this album is quite amazing and very consistent. Definitely a favorite. The interludes can get annoying sometimes but it’s not that glaring of an issue.
StellaTheDiver
Beats and production is amazing. Lyrics and flow is good. Theme and skits are just lame and disappointing.

Im not Sofa King We Todd Ed to give this album a 10/10.
GABRIELinHELL
Very good
Absolute_Madman
Both MF DOOM and Danger Mouse at there respective peaks. What more could you ask for? Probably better skits, but that's besides the point.

8/10

Best Track(s): Sofa King, Benzie Box, Crosshairs, Space Hos, Bada Bing
Worst Track: Vats of Urine
matscomh
i understand why people wouldn't enjoy this as much as i did (it is a still dated) but i had lots of fun with it and Danger Mouse+MF DOOM have a great synergy
Undeniably a masterpiece of hip hop audio engineering.
While the production is fantastically unique and fun, and MF Doom is skilled on the mic as per usual, the potential of the album is kind of lost through the abundance of Adult Swim skits, making the whole album feel like a glorified comercial.

Favorite Jams: Mince Meat, Bada Bing, Benzie Box

Lest Favorite: A.T.H.F
therawreviewer
favs: el cheap nibre, sofa king, Benz box, old school rules, basket case, crosshairs, mince meat. space hoes
least fav: a.t.f.h (aqua teen hunger force)
Hawk_
Needs more Master Shake features
I don't think this album has aged as well as it should, but what we got from Adult Swim is two near-legendary acts, producer Dangermouse and MC MF DOOM on the album creating a more "goofy", cartoonish Madvillainy, and I'm not complaining.
jasonwallace199
Dooms most underrated album. The features are great and so are the samples.

Fav Tracks: El Chupa Nibre, Sofa KIng, The Mask, Benzie Box, Old School, Mince Meat, Vats of Urine, Space Ho's

Least Fav: Basket Case