Kendrick Lamar - Humble
EMR
Well, having overcome the initial shock of seeing Kendrick put out a straight-forward, old-fashioned, Mike Will Made-It-produced (who actually saw it coming?) banger as the lead single of his new project, it is safe to say that this is much likely going to be a very distinct follow-up to 2015's To Pimp a Butterfly. Not that Kendrick hasn't put out any banger in the past, that is not the case (King Kunta was a total groovy, hard-hitting moment on his previous album per se), but Humble sees him ... read more
okay, i'm hyped now
SuedeGripProd
I just don't care to hear Kendrick over MiKe-WiLL-Made-It beats, leave that shit to 2 Chainz and Juicy J.
Red1303
This was a pretty cool song. Sure the chorus was kinda lazy, but wow, Kendrick was killing it in this song. It also has an original beat, rather than just the same annoying sounds that most rap uses.

I find it weird though that he tells other rappers to be humble, even though he calls himself “the greatest of all time.” Oh well.
TheDankestMeme
A great track, but he has better
slickleg
"Nobody pray for me - Even a day for me
Way (yeah, yeah)
Ay
I remember syrup sandwiches and crime allowances
Finesse a nigga with some counterfeits
But now I'm countin' this
Parmesan where my accountant lives
In fact, I'm downin' this
D'USSÉ with my boo bae, tastes like Kool-Aid for the analysts
Girl, I can buy yo' ass the world with my paystub
Ooh, that pussy good, won't you sit it on my taste bloods?
I get way too petty once you let me do the extras
Pull up on your block, then ... read more
CarCrash_9
Kendrick's killer verses on Mike will made it beats, What more can we want?? A great track with great production. Banger for sure. One of the best tracks of the year.
CxAylward
syrup sandwitches
This is the song of the year; 2017.
The lyrics continue to ring in ya ear. there is so much meaning in it.
The chorus "be humble" sit down, be humble. It's something most people can't do.
it's the antithesis to today's self-absorbed culture. (I always feel he's talking about the K family).
The video is pure modern industrial art. hiphop humor and mainstream cultural references cool af.
He should be proud of this work. best artist out today.
not much to be excited about with this. I think songs should be able to stand on their own .. which this doesn't.
SkyZippr
I know this is a parody song and he's mocking certain rappers, but it still sounds repetitive and boring to me. I can't rate this. I need to hear the album to see the whole context.
haaataaa
Sincerely, I am rating Humble from both the music and the video. I must combine the two in order to be as subjective a personal perspective as possible. Because I can't see these two in separate checks.

Only of sound, rhythm, and words, I cannot see the many interpretations from the song. Kendrick has been releasing music with meanings. His presence demands listeners and viewers attentions and deeper analysis. That is heightened with the images, I believe, he and the production team purposely ... read more
danielleandrea
Bitch be humble!
nnxsgny
now this is a fucking song, jesus. no dumb ass 12345 i'm the greatest rapper alive bars here. this is mike will's best beat since young thug's pacifier too, and that's saying something.
chessmess
The Heart Part 4 > this
and by a large margin

I honestly see no difference between Kendrick on here and many other contemporary trap artists. His flow is clunky on and the half trap beat he has going on does not help him either. What the shit happened between this and The Heart Part 4?
aaron
While from a subjective point of view its amazing to have a new Kendrick track, and a beautifully shot video. Objectively, The track itself offers very little.

A simple refrain, a glitchy and simplistic piano piece and a very minimalistic beat pattern.

No doubt this song will have a greater impact when surrounded by the rest of the album, but until then this song forms a very mediocre place on the scale of Kendrick Lamar singles.

While incidentally the "sit down, be humble" ... read more
FearFlour
Guessing this is gonna be the Backseat Freestyle of the new album. Definitely has a satirical edge to it.

EDIT: IT BAAAANGGGGSSS!!!!!!!!!!