The Killers - Wonderful Wonderful
Wonderful Wonderful
Mar 25, 2018*
While a little bit ridiculous, Wonderful Wonderful is still a fun album with Brandon’s voice being a highlight with the pretty production of the tracks.

Fav Tracks: Run For Cover, The Man, Rut, Wonderful Wonderful, Tyson vs Douglas

Least Fav Track: Have All The Songs Been Written?

Score:
7.2
Good
Apr 26, 2018
liammenzies
Found this super underwhelming: hard to believe this is the same act who provided some of the 00's best indie rock albums.
Dec 6, 2017
davecoop18
The song Wonderful Wonderful is probably my favorite Killers song ever. Hopefully they'll focus on that sound sometime in the future.
Jul 18, 2018
SebastianWolf
The Killers’ “Wonderful Wonderful” starts off fantastically. The singles are well-written and fun. My problems with the record lays in inconcitency. From serious songs to “just dropkick the shame” or whatever that line is. The record simply doesn”t know what to be, and it’s therefore a bit messy. In other words, “Wonderful Wonderful” is a great sounding but very messy record.
Feb 8, 2018
I want pseudo-homosexual Brandon Flowers back.
Dec 3, 2017
itsyahboinoah
Surprisingly the singles of the album were pretty darn good, however the record falls flat with its themes and production.
Nov 29, 2017
One of the strongest rock bands of this century, The Killers deliver a gorgeous album full of stadium anthems and infectious hooks. Read more at blackboybulletin.wordpress.com/2017/09/30/fergie-falters-bts-breaks-out-and-jhene-takes-a-trip/
Nov 14, 2017
blinkclyro
The Killers lack a certain element that makes their songs sound as grand as they want them to sound. What made songs on Hot Fuss sound as exciting and fresh as they did at the time, and endless revisable as they do today, has been poorly executed throughout their following studio albums. Wonderful Wonderful, not acting as an exception, but further proving the point that The Killers are not as great as you would like them to be.
Nov 13, 2017
▲ = Wonderful Wonderful
▬ = The Man, Rut, Life To Come, Run For Cover
▼ = Tyson vs Douglas, Some Kind Of Love, Out Of My Mind, The Calling, Where Have All The Songs Been Written?
Oct 22, 2017
Felindie
The weakest The Killers' album to date
Oct 12, 2017*
Music_Observer
The tactics of using funky sine wave synths, vocals that stretch the range, and textural builds within verse-chorus forms are successful albeit nothing new, but none of that matters since being fresh carries little weight when determining quality; what matters is the awesome execution of these tactics through constant amazing melodic intrigue and simple but exciting harmonic language, making perhaps their worst album to date still a great one. My Score: 145/180 (Great) = 81/100
Oct 3, 2017
Brandon Flowers and co.'s new record reminds of their begginings, they try to regain some agressive stuff and mix it with some of the newer sounds. Somehow, I still don't find the spark in this, it isn't bad naturally but it feels like some songs could've have more push, like they have a great building and then when the chorus starts the track just deflates. There' some nice experiments here like "The Man", that song must be one of the best changing sounds for the guys, also "Run ... read more
Sep 30, 2017
plowo
Favs: Wonderful Wonderful, The Man, Run for Cover, Tyson vs. Douglas and Out of My Mind.
Sep 27, 2017
gabromzk
Al fin un álbum de The Killers que se puede escuchar completo, aunque no es de lo mejor ni presenta nada nuevo es un aire fresco para una banda tan inconsistente, que con cada trabajo venían a menos. Y The Man y Run For Cover son dos joyitas imperdibles. No será uno de mis trabajos favoritos de este año pero bien que me ha gustado volver a escuchar a The Killers y pensar que aún queda algo de bueno en ellos.
Sep 26, 2017
The Killers have continued a trajectory of a sports team that meanders through hot and cold streaks. When the Killers get hot, their music is loaded with bangers. When they get cold, they feel marginally above average rock.

Favorite tracks: The Man, Run for Cover, Some Kind of Love
dyelir
Your Favorite Aughts Rock Band To Play On Guitar Hero returns with an album that's about as good as you would expect from them. No real songs on here that are worthwhile (spare "Run for Cover"), but none are that bad. It's a short and concise album that eschews filler.
barchamb13
Run for Cover is the best song on this album.
Joshua0_o
Note: I'm not a huge fan of The Killers. However, I did enjoy some cuts of this new record. It is really hit or miss in my case. I think songs like Wonderful Wonderful and The Man are really well written and fit their lyrical topics. But songs like Rut and Some Kind of Love sound incredibly generic pop rock to me. The last few songs are kinda forgettable IMO.

Fav tracks: Wonderful Wonderful, The Man, Run for Cover

Tyson vs. Douglas (6.5)
Some Kind of Love (7.7)
Out of My Mind (7.0)
The Calling (7.7)
Have All the Songs Been Written? (7.0)
Sep 25, 2017
Common wake up , this album is great no dissappointment
VinylHound83
Out of My Mind - 6/10
The Calling - 8/10
Have All the Songs Been Written? - 9/10

Overall Rating: 75 out of 100 = 75%

Overall Opinion: I'm not a fan of 2010 era computer generated music. That being said, I"m also not so much of a fuddy duddy that I'm going to join in on the public beating this album is getting for not being just like Hot Fuss. ... read more
Sep 24, 2017
lemuriams
Best The Killers album jet.

Best tracks - Run For Cover, Tyson vs. Douglas, Out of My Mind.
Sep 24, 2017
MrsNobodyIsHere
A decent comeback that feels softer and more raw, still can't shake the feeling that it doesn't quite live up to what 'the man' and 'run for cover' promised.
Sep 23, 2017
First half is good, but the last 3/4 songs are very mediocre. It's still probably my favorite record of the band after Hot Fuss and Sam's Town.
Sep 23, 2017
MASTERPIECE. No esperaba mucho de este disco, sinceramente pensé que los singles y promocionales serían lo mejor, pero me sorprendió muchísimo.
estevancomn
Me parece claro que os próximos álbuns do The Killers jamais atingirão o nível de Hot Fuss e Sam's Town, mas esse último disco dá mais gosto de ouvir que o arrastado e chato Battle Born.

Nota: 64 - worth a listen
Favorite tracks: Life to Come, Run For Covers e Have All The Songs Been Written?
rebeligado
Out of My Mind 6.0
The Calling 7.0
Have All the Songs Been Written? 6.5
aaron
22nd September releases are all really disappointing, big albums turning out to be very average sized.
unknownpleasure
Really enjoyed the singles and was very excited for this album, but everything else for the most part was extremely underwhelming. Nothing outright bad, just extremely forgettable. Pretty disappointing.

Favorite Tracks: Wonderful Wonderful, Run for Cover, Life to Come