Ariel Pink - Dedicated to Bobby Jameson
Dedicated to Bobby Jameson
lemuriams
Highlights - Feels Like Heaven, Kitchen Witch, Another Weekend, Acting.

This album is one huge HIGHLIGHT in this year. This guy never dissapoint since 2010.
siberianbreaks
It can always be considered a fine-ass year for pop music when Ariel Pink season makes its way to town. And for the latest addition to the hypnagogic wizard's confusingly large catalog, we're treated to the expected tamer follow-up to the career-defining Pom Pom as well as a decent attempt at an overall amalgamation of styles built up since the very beginning.

Dedicated to Bobby Jameson's collection of cuts continues to follow the pattern left by previous records meaning their continuous ... read more
FearFlour
It's not a masterpiece like Pom Pom, but it's more Ariel!
Kamikaze
One of the best releases of the year
ReviewMilk
Fun album but still pretty disappointing
_Prog/Psych Pop
_New Wave-PostPunk
_Hypnagogic Pop
_New Romantic
_Freak Rock
_Art Pop

Extraordinary Album!
Super fun album full of great production
TheRootBoy
Upon my first listen my skull rattled and rippled my skin all over. It was fall and a bolt of romance had struck me early that month. One night cruising down the moonlit highway I decided to flip on the closing track, Acting, on Dedicated to Bobby Jameson out of sheer curiosity. I was familiar with Pink's prior work but never latched on to him. My feelings were in a knot that night and I was feeling things such as lust and hope. The album cover depicting Pink walking through a graveyard back to ... read more
Sappy
Top Favorite: Feels Like Heaven
Other Favorites: Another Weekend, Dedicated To Bobby Jameson, Time To Live
Least Favorite: Acting
amygoodall
oh fuk I actually have a lot of issues wit this now lmaoooo
josecarloslopes
Favorite tracks : DEDICATED TO BOBBY JAMESON and KITCHEN WITCH.
holsgr
☆☆ ~ Relatively tolerable album, but flawed too. I don't connected so much with it.
gas_souza
Acting (feat. Dam-Funk) - 80
Revenge of the Iceman - 80

Destaque: Another Weekend
Saucelord777
I want to like this dude's music but it just never clicks with me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
ryanreviews
Honestly a disappointment coming off of the amazing and inventive Pom Pom but not bad by any means. This album is good of you want one consistent sound all the way through the listen.
Best Track: Revenge of the Iceman
I'm surprised that Ariel Pink has delivered what is in my opinion his most overall consistent album so far. From his interviews supporting this release it sounds like he's altogether less happy as a musician these days but whatever his current mood it hasn't sucked the life out of his new material.

A little less 'zany' than usual but actually all the more engrossing for leaving some space for reflection.
Cape90
Fav Tracks: Feels Like Heaven, Dedicated To Bobby Jameson, Time to Live, Another Weekend, Bubblegum Dreams, Dreamdate Narcissist, Kitchen Witch
Least Fav Tracks: Death Patrol, Santa's In The Closet, Revenge Of The Iceman.
Very solid
panoramareviews
El nuevo disco de Ariel Pink encuentra éxito emulando épocas pasadas, pero fracasa rotundamente encontrando un sonido genuino que identifique al artista mismo. Pulgar abajo.

Canción Favorita: Feels Like Heaven.
76fex
omg this albums just like blonde!!!!! by frank ocean?????
CheapandLethal
Worth a listen
CocoCrisper
Light and easy to listen to. Best tracks are mostly in the beginning so the end feels a bit boring.

Favorite Tracks: Feels Like Heaven, Death Patrol, Santa's In The Closet, Dedicated to Bobby Jameson, Another Weekend, Kitchen Witch
Least Favorite Tracks: Time to Live, Dreamdate Narcissist, Do Yourself A Favor
Fav tracks: Feels like Heaven, Time to Live, Another Weekend, Acting,
blinkclyro
With or without his Haunted Graffiti cohorts, Pink is more comfortable dipping his toes in a new genre rather than diving headfirst into uncharted aural waters. This is why his songs often seem mercurial when aggregated together on an album. Pink may wander through a myriad of genres and styles, but his understanding of the assets and limitations of pop music guides him and keeps him grounded through his dogged musical nomadism. Just as he says on Do Yourself a Favor, “Seek and you ... read more
Music_Observer
In its soft experimentation and subtle expressiveness, this album had just enough intriguing passages to be considered successful and a pleasing listen, with the timbre taking center stage with neat, broad electronic sounds but nearly getting upended by the equally successful small yet delightful melodic shapes, eventually creating a balanced and consistent work despite no real high points. My Score: 135/180 (Solid) = 75/100
bitterblossom12
sorry guys, can't hang with the tiny, lo-fi little production aesthetic he does on all the songs (except for, inexplicably, 'Another Weekend', which is great), even if some of them have some nice melodies or interesting ideas. doesn't help that I find a lot of these tracks obnoxious (time to meet your god, santa's in the closet, acting, more of them). i know this wasn't meant for me, but I sat through the whole thing and it made me feel like how i feel after a gross not-fun acid trip
Time To Meet Your God 5/10
Acting (feat. Dam-Funk) 5/10
Revenge of the Iceman ?/10

Average score - 62
Pitchkrof
the singles are hecking wild, dude. really hoping the rest of this album is just as good.
---
EDIT: I'm very sad to say I'm disappointed with this record. with the singles I expected this album to be more straight forward than "pom pom", I feel like I just got a sequel to that instead.

Lil Nas X - 7