Jerrilo

I have never heard anything like this. I'm definitely not a metal indulger outside of City Morgue (adjacent in genres anyway), so I wasn't really sure how to feel checking out something of the like. This is insane. I don't know how far the boundaries stretch with this field of genres but it's shockingly unforgiving in its intensity. I totally respect it for that. "Atrophy:Angel" has some insane track progression and the second half of the song was really nice. I can conclude that yea, ... read more

88IV

yeah!

ARIDOTJPEG

Brokencyde walked so fallingwithscissors could run. For real one of the most forward thinking and innovative metalcore projects ive heard. I love how breakcore/digital hardcore are incorporated into the sound and itll all pulled off so well. Its not a gimmick at all and the combination makes the style hit so hard omg

PersonLovesYou

Im not even a metal fan but this is fucking dope

PurpleParker

its a great little ep, i will come back to this and I dont even like this genre very much. some great songs. gonna slide this one ot my teacher who loves this typa shit.

favs:
Atrophy:Angel (fav)
(un)equivalent exchange
Tripping > wires
DTIB

Chrisega

Sampled monogatari, automatically over 80

emily2707

While it failed to grasp me except for the last song, I thought the production on this was absolutely brilliant. There is so much atmosphere to these bruting tracks, and while I probably won't be revisiting this, I would still recommend giving this a listen.

Favourite track: D.I.T.B.
Least favourite track: (un)equivalent_exchange

Not the biggest fan of metalcore but it slaps what can I say

Trash_Boat

Crazy breakcore production mixed with loud metal vocals and no time to breath. Was never a fan of this typa music but I enjoyed this project quite a bit. Highlights: Blissful, tripping > wires, and Atrophy:Angel

thebadger

amazing sound production. all the noises in the background feel so ominous in a good way.

CrocodileDippy

Wow, I can't believe Falling in Reverse finally released a good album! Ronnie Radke redemption arc?! Alright in all seriousness, 'the death and birth of an angel' is the second EP from Minnesota metalcore group fallingwithscissors (I cannot find their first anywhere, and am too exhausted to care), displaying a unique blend of metalcore and breakcore music that is as audacious as it is chaotic. Despite how noisy and chaotic the instrumentals are, there's a remarkable level of finesse and detail ... read more

placenta

Showed this album to my mom it's so good

HOLY MAMA

tohmais

Found a metalcore release I actually like. SUPER fucked up but the mix is outstanding + the electronic elements are super well done. Might rate higher later, I just need to sit on it and stew on how memorable it is to me.

kindestnatlala

Roughly 18 minutes of pure harsh screamo that keeps bounding my ears over and over without much of a break, making its length and it being an EP its sttrength as it's a perfect amount of time to just intake the amount of intensity fallingwithscissors smash my ears with. One of the thing that really impresses me is that the mix. For something that is so chaotic and loud, you can clearly hear each elements and that's so impressive to me. And just when I think it slows down a bit with a few second ... read more

Bbfzry

Pretty fun, brutal metalcore project that proves to be a great little taster for who fallingwithscissors are. Some tracks are very good, whilst some are a little less focused and have a bit too much going on to get a full grasp of.

But all in all, very fun metalcore project that’s just under 20 minutes.

Excited to see what these can do with a full length project.

Saddoc

Favorites:

D.I.T.B.
(un)equivalent_exchange
Atrophy:Angel

Rein

Might fuck around and go deaf

sawyerhatemail

Yeah this album definitely fucking rips. Super heavy and chaotic, just how i like it. Just wish there was a little more to it. Like obviously all of these breakcore segments are cool and all but I feel like there is still a lot of untapped potential in this sound they're going for here. Loved it nonetheless and excited to see fallingwithscissors do even more with this Breakcore/Mathcore sound in the future.

Heinos

There is nothing out there like this.
It would already be something special already if it was just a standard breakcore project with unique experimental genre bending, but man this project houses some of the best metal performances I've heard all year. The anxious and unpredictable song structures, the crushing vocal delivery, the absolutely inhuman drumming; everything has a layer of grit on it that nobody can emulate.

I'm very picky when it comes to metal in general, so when I hear ... read more

É algo que eu PRECISAVA escutar, é um som que se conectou comigo de uma forma muito esquisita, era exatamente oq eu queria e oq eu precisava.

SilliestRecords

Stumbled across this through Brad Taste in Music and WOWWWWWWW. I know there's definitely other music like this, but something in this felt super different.

Timotheus

This record is fucking insane. It is on the shorter side, but I think you'd go insane if it was much longer than this. It is so chaotic and crazy, but I love it. Like would this be alternative metalcore?

I believe this record was supposed to portray anxiety, and it did that really well.... not in an agonizing way. But actually almost pressing on your chest with insanity and anxiety.

The way '(un)equivalent_exchange' transitions from this metal core sound over into hard/breakcore which is ... read more

maxpoopz

Well.. not to sound like one of those moms that don’t like metal but you can’t understand a word he is saying at all and it comes off as annoying to me. It’s really repetitive, I think the concept is really cool but I honestly hated this album a lot. The opener was really cool but it’s just like the instrumentals overpowering the vocals it just sounds like noise. I just didn’t enjoy it at all. I think they have potential?

joshuapiwo

HOLY SHIET!!!!#!@#!@. not a fan of math rock and screaming through whole song but breakcore and anime samples bought me :)))) and things that i said i dont really enjoy work here and almost forgor to say bout rly good mixing here. Amazing thing-me like