Little Simz - Drop 7
ShadowShawchi

Experimentation is sounding good on this one.

Favorites: Mood Swing, Far Away
Least Favorite: Fever

This could be a very interesting direction for her to go in.

Best: Mood Swings, Far Away

Worst: SOS

PushaTsCumsock

It's good

cornii

at least she tried something but that's not for me I guess

fav track: Far Away

RambIes

A lot of this album is saved by me really enjoying the UK house/dance sound. Without that, you are left with the least substantial and fulfilling thing I've heard from Little Simz so far.

KowalMusic

(5th Feb 36/366)

deememoire

Little Simz took the yass pill, but only half of the supposed prescribed dose.

xcomebackkid

Legendary dubstep producer Jakwob comes on the production for this great release from Little Simz. A great match for Simz considering Jakwob's success with Ellie Golding Remix back in the day. Taking a sort of garage dancey rehash of the drill beat sequence we get a sort of Pink Panthress without as much bedroom crooning.

EuAmoMangas

Representatividade Brasileira.

thegabfm

Hugely entertaining departure for simz

6tl8

i chose to ignore this release when it first popped up, but with how popular it's gotten as well as how much i love Little Simz, i knew that i wouldn't be skipping out on this one. what i wasn't expecting, though, was that this would be less than 15 minutes in runtime. i know that it's classified as an EP, but even most EPs i listen to are longer than this. at least if it ends up being bad, i won't have to sit through an hour of it (looking at you Kid Cudi). and, well, i can already tell that ... read more

RealPeterGriffi

Other than the last track, there isn't really anything that grabs you through this album. But compared to *another* album that dropped near this time, this ep is cohesive and is well structured, even if there aren't any mind blowing tracks. But I believe if a little bit more fleshed out, Simz will cook us another one.

Favourite Track: Far Away
Least favourite track: I Ain't Feelin It

mandelao

thatkubeczkokid

Hats off to Simz for creating whatever kind of music she wants and just having fun being creative!

AGlassofLimeade

Was I expected Little Simz to try out Electronic and Dance music, not at all. Was it good, for the most part, yeah it was solid. Id like to see her flesh this sound out way more on a full length project, but as it stands, this is a pretty good EP>

iBickers7

A strange yet small and inoffensive detour in Simbi’s catalogue

ricecake

you know, even if Drop 7 isn't Simz's best work, there's gotta be something addictive about it because I've been coming back to it a LOT the past couple of days. The production on Mood Swings kinda goes hard it just runs around in your ears in a really cool way and compliments her steady flow on it.

SOS has barely any Simbi actually on it which is what lowers the score for me - and I Ain't Feelin It doesn't really do it for me (I'm aware these aren't original opinions lol). I like her lyrics ... read more

igororow

different

antsfromupthere

im sorry simz /:

Haxzzer

Beats were fun but the hooks are terrible and the voice Simz tries to do on some of these songs is not good

Savv2538

Would not be as scary for how disappointing this EP is if it was not an EP. A more electronic, danceable and fun mini project from Simz which tries something different but not everything different is good.

Dugan4253

An experiment gone terribly terribly wrong. It sounds awful and she sounds like she wants to go to sleep 90% of the time.

Best Song: Power
Worst Song: Fever

k1shibara

Although more subtle and stripped back, this still provides Simz' trademark nuanced and vibey lushness. Loved the production here, and Simbi's flow and lyricism remains on point. Implementations of what was explored here on full LPs are probably gonna divide people more, but I am down for it.

DrDigitBaby