The Weeknd - Kiss Land
Whackin
Blastin
Smackin
Slappin
I honestly still don't understand peoples problem's with this record. This is a very potent piece of R&B music. Abel continues the themes of Echoes of Silence and twists them in a way that makes the record feel expansive and powerful. Awesome album Abel.
Benny
kiss land more like i wanna die land
buttholewasabi
I remember listening to this album the day it was released and being pretty disappointed. I first started listening to Weeknd shortly after his second mixtape Thursday dropped and for some reason this album did not vibe with me for a fairly long time. I had this album throughout all of high school and it didn’t click with me until a year after it came out. Now it is one of my favourite albums in his discography. The overall atmosphere this album has is so unique and I can’t really ... read more
oppressedwaifu
Literally everything is too fucking long. Not a single thing was on here for an even slightly redeemable amount of time. It has no fucking structure as an album at all and just flows as if Abel isn't even on it

I vow to never listen to this album again
TheDankestMeme
An enjoyable project but not that interesting as compared to his mixtapes. Still better than his last two projects though. In terms of Abel's voice he has some of his best performances in this project and Drake actually has a pretty decent feature on Live For.

BEST TRACKS: Live For, Wanderlust, Kiss Land

WORST TRACKS: None
Z.Younk
Such an underrated, Misunderstood comprehensive album. The soniccally diverse, atmospheric album plays through flawlessly and is one of R&B's best LPs of the decade. Plus the dense but subtle references to cinema.
CRJPopGod
Can't believe that the Portishead's sample on "Belong To The World" made me got into Portishead music, lol.

I remember listening to this album years ago and just feeling every track so deeply, like it was as personal to me as it was to Abel, but as he say in the title track multiple times "And this ain't nothing to relate to", and it really isn't, haha. But relistening to it nowadays there's some weak spots that just feel very monotonous and not-fitable in this album ... read more
amygoodall
dammit lol
KnifeTrick
Really good for an RnB, electro-pop, especially on my first listen to a Weeknd album. Givin' me those Michael Jackson vibes.
CxAylward
not much worse than Trilogy honestly, fantastic production
Pitchkrof
everytime i listen to this album, i keep thinking it's not as good as i thought it was the last time i heard it.
still good tho.
FreddyBernard
FAV(s): Professional, The Town, Adaptation, Belong To The World, Live For, Kiss Land, Pretty, Tears In The Rain

'MEH': Love In The Sky

LEAST FAV(s): Wanderlust
it tries to hard
jacksimpson741
see kaleidoscope dream review
Mallimystic
Not the debut people were expecting, but there are some high points, with belong to the world, wanderlust and pretty standing out.
joan_
kiss land more like dream land

zzzzzz
One of the best albums I’ve ever heard
GaranHollow
Vocals: 8
Deepness: 7.5
Tracks Average: 7
Personal Preference: 20/30
Overall: 72
Favs: Professional, Wanderlust, Kiss Land, Belong To the World, Love In the Sky, Tears In the Rain,
Middle: Pretty, The Town, Adaptation
Least Favs: Live For

I could only say it's good but it's forgettable. It has some elements of Trilogy but less experimental and enjoyable
The Canadian singer's debut studio album, Kiss Land, finds the artist in the same posture as I've seen him before on Trilogy. Even though I consider the previous project a better one than his first album, it still holds an essential part of your playlist, with tracks such as Tear In The Rain, Belong To The World, etc. Also, Pharrell 's remix of Wanderlust, which represents the eleventh track having the identical name with the original song, is welcomed, because it sounds pretty good and it is ... read more
JotaBrasil
Uma coisa que aprendi já faz algum tempo é de que boas ideias não resultam necessariamente em boas músicas. Esse é caso do álbum debut do cantor The Weeknd, Kiss Land.

O canadense de descendência etíope ganhou notoriedade com o lançamento de três mixtapes (House of Balloons, Thursday e Echoes of Silence) nos últimos tempos. A critica especializada o acolheu com bastante entusiasmo o colocando como "a nova cara do ... read more
goncalocouto
"Kiss Land" could be so much better...

✅ Professional | The Town | Live For | Wanderlust | Kiss Land
InModeration
Everything that made The Weeknd interesting from his mixtape trilogy has completely evaporated on this album. Kiss Land basically amounts a collection of ill-conceived tracks with a weird overproduced cyberpunk aesthetic.
devulxx
It's not as strong as the mixtapes that came before the album, but it's still a great album, with a great vibe and wonderful vocal delivery from The weeknd
Claytastic
Kiss Land is a fantastic and heavily underrated debut album, and easily one of The Weeknd’s best works. The atmospheric vibe this album creates with its fascinating production plays so well into its Blade Runner inspired concept that Abel writes and sings about with some of the best vocals of his career. I just wish I wasn’t alone in this because all I get is winces from fellow fans when I tell them that Kiss Land is one of my favorites.

Best Tracks: Professional, The Town, ... read more
skiporstay
skip
lukassantiago3
Abel's debut album works well trying to popularize and firm his name at the music industry.
I don't understand what this guy was thinking when he made this
Sorry, but this is a masterpiece. From the mind-bending production to the timelessly dark and musing and haunting vocals and roller coasters of musicality, this will always be one of my favorite albums. I still can't understand why people slept on it.
aaron

10. Belong to the World
11. Rockin'
12. Can't Feel My Face
13. True Colours
14. Wanderlust (Pharrell Version)
15. Secrets
Tears In The Rain 52
Pretty Look 49
Wanderlust 35
GratedStraws
Live For and Wanderlust just no no no no no. Doesn't belong at all. Great record surrounding those. Deducted 10 points for each of those songs so that tells you how much I love the rest of the album.
uzimandias
Sooo underrated, should not be as overlooked as it is, honestly has some nice songs.
Love this album! It's so smooth and the beats are perfect. Yes it's not good lyrically, but this is not music that is for a philosophical analysis.
siberianbreaks
After a successful series of mixtapes, The Weeknd releases his long awaited debut album. Unfortunately, all of the charm that made his mixtapes so good is pretty much completely gone here. The production is pretty solid, but other than that, it's pretty run of the mill.

Favourite tracks: Wanderlust, Tears In The Rain
tha138
From the top to the bottom (ok not so bottom)...
The sparkle still burns but seems so weak that it won't set the senses on fire.
Zackauz
Best Tracks: Belong To The World, Wanderlust
Worst Track: Kiss Land
Most Overrated: Live For
Most Underrated: Wanderlust
KalenKalenKalen
The vocals on this album were horrible. I don't know what Abel Tesfaye was thinking when he recorded this album.
arsen b
With this unexpected conceptual Blade Runner inspired album boy is leaving all american rnb stars faaarr behind.
JBDbreh
Even though people don't want to hear it, Kiss Land is equal or better than Frank Ocean's Channel Orange

Mac Miller - Circles