Lil Uzi Vert - Luv Is Rage 2
Luv Is Rage 2
Intolerable pop trap. More ad-libs than bars, generic beats, and literally nothing that makes this album stand out, yet again I am dumbfounded by the fact that Lil Uzi Vert is possibly the most popular rapper in the mainstream. He cannot rap and has the emptiest lyrics possible. Sure, he is listened to "for the vibes" but I am yet to find something that is unique or interesting in Uzi's music.
lemuriams
Please delete The Needle Drop from reviewers.
ugh gross
Z.Younk
HAIL SATAN!
MarcMothersole
"Luv Is Rage 2" is a confusing mixed bag of a debut album. Containing some of Lil Uzi Vert's most emotional bangers to date and also a bunch of empty non-tracks that add nothing to the experience. The production can be spot on or completely incompetent. In the most awkward way possible, it's just as often lighthearted as it is dark and moody.

Album: Luv Is Rage 2

With a name like "Luv Is Rage" an outsider may expect emotional performances or strong lyrics about the ... read more
nnxsgny
lil uzi has found himself as an artist. his rapping is more engaging than earlier in his career, and at points there's flashes of greatness like on "neon guts". heading him trade bars with pharrell is a joy, and it's without a doubt the best song of uzi's career. the production is stellar throughout as well.
luna128
I love Uzi as an artist and personality, and most of the tracks on here bang out the first minute and a half or so, but his energy and conviction become so oversaturated the album feels like the musical equivalent of alcoholism. Frankly, I would've preferred a recut of Luv is Rage 1 with higher production value, or a full change in direction to a more consistent flow like what we saw on New Patek later down the road. What we're left with here is a strange in-between that doesnt work as a tape, ... read more
Pitchfork gave this a what?
dyelir
This isn't spectacular, it's a good mixtape that was expected of this rap up-and-comer who has world class producers on speed dial. But I'd just like to shoutout The Needle Drop one time cuz that dude fucking SUCKS so much haha he tanks the critic score of so many solid projects and lifts the scores of shitty ones. You had one job dude. Fuck his Youtube channel.
birdmanslawyer
A step down from the first one, but that does not mean that this project is not enjoyable. "Two" is a disappointing starter, followed by a lackluster "444+222". There are moments sprinkled around like "Sauce It Up" and "X" which are straight bangers. Its undeveloped, and uneven, but the times Uzi has something compelling and listenable in store, Luv Is Rage 2 turns into very enjoyable music. Could have been so much better.

BEST TRACKS: SAUCE IT UP, FOR ... read more
Other than couple of bad songs I love this album.
Dark queen best uzi song btw
lucental
You people disgust me. Get this Uzi hate out of my house
ryanreviews
Always had a soft spot for Lil Uzi and I continue to find his music really enjoyable despite being pretty shallow of course.
Two - 7/10
X - 8/10
Malfunction - 5/10
Dark Queen - 9/10
XO TOUR Llif3 - 10/10

Total - 116/160 - 72.5/100 (Rounded to 73)
Jermaine_Cole
Come back to music if u not gay
- J. Cole
Mewstroke
This was a step backwards in my opinion. It isn't bad by any means, but it is definitely worse than his last albums.

Favorite track: Neon Guts

Least Favorite Tracks
UnFazed
For Real
Malfunction

The production, The Hooks, The Beats, there is so much to love about this album the mainstream sounds really do fit Uzi a lot. The title does mean much more when you finally open up and understand his pain and love towards his Ex Girlfriend "Brittany Byrd" in the song "The Way Life Goes" he says that he loves her so much that ... read more
domcreator
One of my favorite albums of 2017, only songs I disliked were X and Malfunction, even the deluxe was great
PeggyPomp
Uzi's best work. Best flows, best vocals, catchiest lyrics, best instrumentals.
j_cale23_
Lil Uzi for Satanist of the Year
SoundAura
The only thing that this LP has going for it is the lack of features, making it completely his own, but that may also be its downfall due to the blandness that is Lil Uzi Vert. It’s typical mumble trap rap with nothing interesting across its 16 tracks. It barely acts as decent background noise.
thebibleparttwo
i used to kinda like Uzi, but really looking at his music i question why. When i listen to trap i dont look for amazing lyricism or beautiful samples, i just go for some fun music (unless its like Thugger or Travis) but Uzi makes me question how he got popular. the adlibs are retarded and i atleast expect a little something lyrically in trap, maybe a few bars but this has some extremely cringe worthy bars. one mentioned pigeon toed tho i forgot what song because everything here is similar. Lol ... read more
woah

fav tracks: XO tour llif3, 444+222
least fav tracks: idk
skiporstay
stay
TheRootBoy
Every bit of this album deserves its stay. Lil Uzi Vert is on a new chapter in his career and you can really grab a sense of maturity and effort from his behalf that wasn't all there from his previous mixtapes. He is always about the good vibes but with this album Uzi unveils a more emotional side to him that was missing. Truly, honestly one of the most must-hear albums of 2017.
Uzi follows up his 2015 breakout mixtape, Luv Is Rage, with one of my favorite albums of the year. Uzi has told the world that he's a rockstar, and on LIR2, shows, with great production, incredibly weird yet somehow satisfying vocals. On LIR2, he often times is yelling through autotune, but it's just so damn catchy. He switches up vocals for mellower, sing-songy vocals on tracks like Dark Queen, and delivers a great, swagged up performance and songs like Sauce it Up and No Sleep Leak. Uzi flows ... read more
Eduard15
It's unnecessary. So much potential wasted.
DeathIsBest
Entertaining enough, especially from Lil Uzi so W. However, the album carries on for too long and some songs are a chore to get through. Production wise its a hit or miss, the hits being amazingly produced. Hot vocals blend well surprisingly, and with a bit more tweaking of his voice, I can see a few classics under Uzis belt in a few years.
Lil Uzi may have been a bit inconsist on this project, but I find it enjoyable. He does what he intends (which is making dumbed down easy to listen beat) pretty well. Judging it as if it were meant to be lyrical is just plain stupid. Overall his best project in my opinion and including favorites such as: Dark Queen, Sauce it up,The Way Life Goes, Neon Guts and XO TOUR Llif3.
Mythic
Man this album is inconsistent. A mix of some of his worst and a few of his best songs to date. The last two tracks kinda save the project from going off the rails for me.

Favorite tracks: XO Tour Life, Dark Queen, The Way Life Goes, Sauce It Up
Least favorite: For Real
Sappy
Top Favorite: Neon Guts
Other Favorites: The Way Life Goes, XO Tour Llif3, 444+222
Least Favorite: X
Mawpy
Kinda disappointed about this album. I was expecting Uzi to come out of his shell and make a great debut album. I only liked a handful of tracks, hopefully his next project is better.
Fantastic

EDIT 9/27: No, this isn't a 95 album, but come on some of these reviews are ludicrously low. I mean, some of y'all give stuff like Scorpion or Culture II 60's or 70's, then this like a 30 to 0. I mean, it isn't super great, but there really aren't amany filler tracks on this thing at all. Most of the stuff on here slaps and have the power to be standout singles alone, but are burried over eachother.
YungNoodle
S O
M U C H
F I L L E R
ChromaWolf
this shit is basically a masterpiece idk what else to say
76fex
All My Friends Give Head
trevorbarnes
Along with Uzi finding himself as an artist, there's no denying this album oozes the redundancy of trap used in today's age.
4 great songs
luisdelrey2016
✔ “No Sleep Leak”, “The Way Life Goes” and "For Real"
✘ "Two®" and "Pretty Mami"
itsyahboinoah
oooo ahhh oooo yeeeeah uhuh ooooo aaahhhh oooo
i wasn't totally dissatisfied with this, but it's lil uzi vert, so what was there to be expected?
Fav tracks: Two, 444+222, Sauce it Up, No Sleep Leak, The Way Life Goes, Feelings Mutual
therawreviewer
favs: the way life goes, for real, neon guts, 20 min
least fav: two
dzrey
SLAP: XO TOUR Llif3, The Way Life Goes

SOLID: X, UnFazed, Feelings Mutual, Loaded, 20 Min, Dark Queen, For Real, Neon Guts, How to Talk, Malfunction, Sauce It Up, Pretty Mami

SKIP: No Sleep Leak, Diamonds All of My Wrist, 444+222, Two®, Early 20 Rager, Skir Skirr

VERDICT: Not even the producers could save this, convinced he will never top LUVvsTW
Pretty consistent, with a few missteps. Not a bad album, but it falls short of being truly great. A lot of potential though, and I'm not dismissing Uzi yet. I look forward to what he has to offer
I got R&B singers
BruhMan
"Neon Guts" is one of my most played songs of the year, but this album as a whole is trash. If only there were more tracks like that one and "XO Tour Life" and less "Leonardo Di Caprio".

FAVORITE TRACKS: Neon Guts, UnFazed, & XO TOUR Llif3

LEAST FAVORITE: 444+222, Sauce It Up, No Sleep Leak, Feelings Mutual, Early 20 Rager, How to Talk, X & Malfunction
Overall a decent album by Uzi but it is not a perfect album by any means. Uzi lyrical inability and ability to concept is subpar. Also beat selection is very questionable for some songs. Features were a strong suit for Uzi with Pharrell Wiliams on Neon Guts and The Weeknd on UnFazed, two overall good tracks, but Uzi really shows no improvement from his other mixtapes.
ryansliao
For all the vapid lyrics, the beats are pretty decent.

Best Tracks: Sauce It Up, Unfazed, XO TOUR Llif3
Worst Tracks: 444+222
CxAylward
fuck this is bad, dang EDIT: overreacted a fucking lot

Flume - Hi This Is Flume