Various Artists - Black Panther: The Album
Black Panther: The Album
FearFlour
Don't let the fact that this is a commercial Kendrick album distract you from the fact that they really did get Future screeching about getting his dick sucked on a Disney movie soundtrack.
MySoftBulletin
the songs are as generic as marvel movies
I mean it is Kendrick & TDE so you know you are getting quality. I was pleasantly surprised by this album

Full review on YouTube @Brad Taste In Music
A very solid effort by all artist contributing
fun album, pretty surface level of course, it has it's ups and downs but it was a good time. sorta like your average superhero movie lol.
TheRootBoy
Good for soundtrack standards, but nothing special in the grander scheme of it all.
frienderman
It’s as fun, exhilarating, dense, emotional and action-packed as a Marvel film; given that Black Panther is one of the most anticipated movies of 2018, this soundtrack aptly adds to the anticipation. K-Dot and friends do not disappoint.
YehiaSeyam
TDE's latest project takes soundtracks to the next level.
The album's diversity and melodic themes provide for one another resulting in a joyful experience with a lot of cameos from Kong Fu Kenny
LA DI DA DI DA

sLoB oN mE kNoB *dab dab*
ryanreviews
Lot's of great fun songs from artists that I typically like anyway. Big shot is addictive and Paramedic? whoooo
goncalocouto
✅ All The Stars | I Am | Big Shot | Pray For Me
It really doesn't feel like it needs to exist. Kendrick (who features on most of the tracks) treads no new ground, re-hashing similar themes on his now classic trio of albums. Most of the songs however do manage to be interesting, not one track truly being bad.

Best Track: All the Stars (Kendrick Lamar and SZA)
Claytastic
The Black Panther “soundtrack” (seeing as how only 3 of the 14 tracks made the cut for the film) is a fun cluster of singles from various artists that can feel like just that at plenty of times. A cluster. Most of the songs aren't fully realized, despite having some great guests. It feels like quite a few of these were leftovers from the artists in question’s previous projects, even regarding Kendrick’s spots. As a whole, the project is still an enjoyable listen with ... read more
MinatoArisato
For a soundtrack that was so heavily promoted and made specifically by one label for this film, It's just not all that good. T.D.E. get together an all star line up of their best artists to contribute efforts to this project which ultimately ends up feeling really disjointed. The intro to this sets the bar extremely high, Kendrick Lamar gives an immensely powerful performance on opener "Black Panther" this song just oozes emotion with this beautiful piano piece backing Kendricks ... read more
amygoodall
good
Sarine
Is it just me or is it a good year for Hip Hop,R&B music?I don't ever remember being excited to listen to a soundtrack album.Kendrick Lamar and his co artists did a great job on this album.Regardless of my score (due to some of the songs I dislike on here),it's one of my favorite projects of 2018,because my favorite tracks from this album turn out to be among my favorite songs of the year so far.

Favorite tracks:Pray For Me,All The Stars,King's Dead,I Am and Opps
liammenzies
Better than the movie, that's for sure.
BruhMan
Movie was fire, and this is easily one of the best soundtracks I have ever heard. King Kenny can do no wrong. I would of never thought that one of the best hip hop albums of the year so far would be a Marvel Soundtrack.

FAVORITE TRACKS: Black Panther, X, The Ways, Opps, Paramedic!, Bloody Waters, King's Dead, Seasons, Big Shot & Pray For Me

LEAST FAVORITE: Redemption Interlude
Favourite tracks: Opps, I Am
marcopive
literally 3 good songs out of 14... Everything else is generic or just plain out bad.
Z.Younk
Finally a modern blockbuster film soundtrack done by pop artists that doesn't suck (refer to shitty Suicide Squad and Bright soundtracks). Sounwave, as always, does not disappoint. The contributions are all top-notch making for a phenomenal, sonically adventurous Marvel soundtrack worthy of King T'Challa's namesake.

Marvel's tradition of great film-music continues after Mark Mothersbaugh's excellent Thor Ragnarok score & hugely successful Guardians of the Galaxy soundtracks. Their score ... read more
itsyahboinoah
Not quite my tempo
zeyadreda
For me i'm really satisfied, as a prediction i made to myself that King's Dead gonna be the track of the album and it did(just cuz it is a great great BANGER from the first listen), but what i didn't expect that All The Stars would grab me like this, it grows a lot even if it is a safe track(but yeah it fit a track that is made for an ost of this types of movies, so it is perfect for the movie) i loved it and i'm a fan of it now, also i got love for Black Panther, X, Big Shot, Opps(fuckin ... read more
josecarloslopes
Favorite tracks : ALL THE STARS, OPPS and PRAY FOR ME.
diegosc
Favorite track: Paramedic!
RKanharn
Kendrick & Co. make a wonderful soundtrack to the latest Marvel superhero blockbuster.

Although it's not a masterpiece, with tracks like "Black Panther", "All The Stars" and "Pray For Me", it will be hard for someone to get through his album without hearing something they enjoy.
jacksimpson741

- Redemption | 7
- Seasons | 5
- Big Shot | 6
- Pray For Me | 8
I love so many songs on this album like All the Stars, I am, Black Panther, Pray for Me.

But I am not really a fan of Paramedic and King's Dead. Please Don't be upset.

It is one of the best albums of the year still.

Very great soundtrack.
DalekTurret32
Kendrick Lamar - Black Panther [96]
Kendrick Lamar and SZA - All The Stars [97]
Schoolboy Q, 2 Chainz and Saudi - X [68] (-)
Khalid and Swae Lee - The Ways [83]
Zacari - Redemption Interlude [74]
Zacari and Babes Wodumo - Redemption [95]
Mozzy, Sjava & REASON - ... read more
Trindade31
Future apertando as próprias bolas em nome da arte é um negocio muito inspirador.
MaxAutunno
Really says something when the 2 minute long intro is one of the best tracks.

Black Panther - 8.5/10
Redemption Interlude / Redemption - 5/10
Seasons - 6/10
Big Shot - 5.5/10
Pray For Me - 9/10
For a movie soundtrack, Kendrick pulls together a decent collection of song from a variety of collaborators. Easily his weakest project to date but that is a high bar he has set for himself
Kendrick’s weakest project. However, it’s still a good effort. Just very discombobulated. I still would recommend it to some. Even if there are some fairly bad songs.
WillSkywalker
Best Soundtrack album of 2018.
Commercial but good. Lyrically empty though.

Best Tracks:
X, Opps, Paramedic, Seasons, I Am

Worst Tracks:
The Ways, Future on Kings Dead
luisdelrey2016
► HIGHLIGHTS: "Black Panther", "All The Stars", “Paramedic!”, “Seasons” and “Pray For Me”
► LOWLIGHTS: "King’s Dead"
PapaEthanF
Kendrick, the rest of TDE, and other various artists come together for a film soundtrack / inspired by album that is actually quite good. The album has a lot of bangers like Black Panther, X, and King's Dead, but also a lot of calm pop rap tracks like The Ways and All The Stars. Whatever you may be looking for, it's on here.

Favorite Songs: Black Panther, The Ways, Paramedic!, King's Dead, Big Shot

Least Favorite Songs: Seasons, Pray For Me
XDRUG
Satisfaction Song: "X", "Big Shot"

Displeasure Song: "Redemption Interlude"
Kal3n
Almost every artist performed great on this project. Kendrick, Vince Staples, SZA and SOB X RBE were all great, just to name a few. A very solid project.

'AMAZING' TRACKS: X, Paramedic!, Seasons

'GREAT' TRACKS: All the Stars, Opps, King's Dead, Redemption, Pray For Me

'GOOD' TRACKS: The Ways, I Am, Bloody Waters, Big Shot

'AVERAGE' TRACKS: Black Panther, Redemption Interlude

'NOT GOOD' TRACKS: -
evancool
Very great soundtrack. It does represent fine culture and society after all.

BEST TRACKS: Black Panther, All The Stars, The Ways, Opps, PARAMEDIC!, Bloody Waters, King's Dead, Redemption Interlude, Redemption, Seasons, Pray For Me
WORST TRACKS: I Am
Complain all you want about Kendrick going commercial but this album was on point. Fantastic pace and great production. Kendrick is clearly the current king.

Black Panther: 6/10
All The Stars: 7/10
X: 10/10
The Ways: 9/10
Opps: 7/10
I Am: 9/10
Paramedic: 10/10
Bloody Waters: 8/10
King's Dead: 10/10 (Future's verse is legendary, don't @ me.)
Redemption Interlude: 6/10
Redemption: 6/10
Seasons: 7/10
Big Shot: 10/10
Pray for me: 8/10
Average: ~81
Production and pace are the X factors here though: ... read more
mattgoold
With all the cards in the world stacked against movie soundtracks, mixtapes, and collective releases—this is an extremely surprising collection of mostly good vibes. Honestly, and ironically, the weirdest thing about this is Kendrick's involvement.
Because it's a varied artists album, the albums quality does sometimes dip from track to track. However, the overall package is a damn fine collection of clever, interesting, fun and thought provoking hip-hop tracks, back-boned by Kendrick Lamar and his crew. It's a entertaining album, even if the tracks quality does sometimes dip.

Favorite Jams: Opps, Black Panther, Seasons

Lest Favorite: Big Shot
FalandoDeDiscos
Kendrick Lamar recruta talentos da nova era de ouro do R&B e do Hip-Hop na construção da trilha musical que embala um dos filmes mais discutidos e populares deste ano. Um álbum coeso, que se preocupa em contar a história de Pantera Negra e do universo de Wakanda em cada faixa a partir de uma bela produção e de letras bem elaboradas.

Melhores faixas: All The Stars, X, Opps, I Am e Pray for Me
Viberantweb
Overall this isn't near a Kendrick solo release, but that was always expected. It's slightly held back by it's connection to Disney in honesty, had this album took place without Disney, we'd have something much heavier, filled with more content and more risks. The incredible thing is it's still a very good album.

Two great singles do not make a great album. Despite the fact that I know a lot of the artists on this album are capable of better, they never reach that height, fairly generic songs that don’t fully do justice to the content of black panther or the expectations many of the artists have set for themselves. While there were points of good ideas on this album they are never brought to fruition. Still has the best song the weekend has made this year, so there’s at least that?
Rediculously inconsistent. Pretty low quality for a TDE release, but nevertheless some of the tracks are pretty damn solid.
Fav Tracks: Opps, Pray For Me, Big Shot Seasons
Least FAV: X, idk it just sounds like TDE trying to create a migos vibe with Q and K. Dot lmao
I love it the album is perfect for black panther. I couldn't of ask for a better album for it
808thDimension
I recommend listening to it, there are some nice songs on here.

faves: Black Panther, All The Stars, Opps, Bloody Water