Lana Del Rey - Norman Fucking Rockwell!
Aug 29, 2019
I went into this without even listening to a single teaser track, because I always thought Lama's music isn't all that great. I never liked a single album from her, because I just found them to be boring and without the strong feeling and charisma you would like to find in the genre.
However, as the reception for this was pretty high, I decided to give it a try, and I'm actually blown away.

All the little qualities peppered through her previous records are much more recurring here, clearer and in your face more than ever. Lana's performances are the best in here for me, the production is really admirable, smooth and calming. My biggest problem was that her albums are just so fucking goddamn boring omg, but this one isn't. Despite its length, Lana succeeds at filling more than an hour of solid material, and I think what makes this album wau more entertaining is that the more "energetic", louder, more intense moments sonically are better and spaced out quite a bit instead of being all regrouped in one spot, I'm talking primarily about Doin' Time and California.

All in al, I actually like this. I hope whoever hates Lana's music actually gives this a go, because it's a big big kick in the ass quality-wise, as she really gets now what makes her music tick.
Comments