EasyFun - Deep Trouble
May 11, 2020
HIDDEN GEM
HIDDEN GEM

Forget about RINA, this in my opinion might be the best pop EP of the past decade.
EASYFUN is another member of the PC Music roster, and this is her second EP and her latest project actually.

It's not even that long, sitting at 3 tracks and 11 minutes, and all the three cuts here are contenders for the greatest summer jam of the decade. They have this bright, sunny 00's vibe that you might catch on Dirty Computer's more cheerful tracks, but running with the musical engine that PC Music usually provides. And when I say these three songs slap, they really fucking do SLAP THE FUCK.

Laplander has probably one of the most perfected emotional progressions I've ever heard, and the way the vocals are mixed above the multiple, various pitch vocal synths that attack your ears from every corner. The lyrics aren't much but the tightness of the production and the progressive make the song begin as a hard upbeat banger and conclude as a very cute and irresistible emotional pop rager.

Fanta is relatively more straightforward in comparison but is as sweet as the previous track. This track is much more melodic in comparison, and is kinda EDM-inspired, but don't get fooled by that: the track brings everything great about the genre. The multiple variations and sound effects littered all throughout the track make for a much much more fun listen.

The last track Full Circle is definitely the most bright and glistening of the three. This track is also structured in a similar track to Fanta, but the singing here is also a great touch. It has this feeling that makes her vocal passages seem so effortless and gleaming above all the effects going on, just like the first track.

Unfortunately, this EP doesn't leave a very huge impact due to its brevity, but for a project this short, I think its effect and entertainment level is the highest I've got from any project this length. Definitely a breath of fresh air that I very strongly recommend!
Comments