Tones And I - Welcome To The Madhouse
Jul 16, 2021
This new Tones And I album... it's NOT GOOD.

💥Explosions💥

It's been 2 years since Tones And I has been internationally torturing the public with her very unlikely hit "Dance Monkey", which was such an odd radio sensation due to one element that is quite weird, and can't really be traced back to any other radio hit. That element that I'm referring to ruins every track on this album, and of course I am talking about the drums... just kidding, I'm obviously talking about these rancid vocals. Look, some of my favorite bands are Blood Brothers and A Silver Mount Zion, neither of which have "good" vocals in a traditional sense, but I truly do not get the appeal in Tones and I's voice, especially considering over 30 countries liked it enough to push her song to number 1 on the charts. Welcome to the Madhouse though, is 46 minutes of this awful, disgusting singing, even including rapping on the final track, "Bars (RIP T)", and it does not sound pretty to say the least. I get that this is meant to be a tribute to T, the subject of the song, but the rapping is so hideous, it sounds more like a diss track to me. This album is at its least tolerable when Tones And I tries reaching into her upper register and does this scream of sorts, and it is just offensive to the ears; it has a gross, nasally tone to it, that sounds like she is gargling at the same time. As for the rest of the record, it mostly just consists of cheap dance beats and lyrics that are either super melodramatic or trying way too hard to be quirky. Maybe she is singing this way to compensate for the instrumentals and lyrics being so subpar, but wow... this new Tones And I album... it's NOT GOOD.

Jul 18, 2021
Jul 18, 2021
do the monkey
Jul 19, 2021
It wasn't even a "Not Good". It was just a straight "0".
Jul 20, 2021
Fantano straight up gave it a 0 lmao, never seen the man give anything a zero before
Jul 20, 2021
LMAO LIGHT 0
Jul 21, 2021
@Lanius he gave Kid Cudi, Chance the Rapper, and Green Day 0s before
Jul 21, 2021
@emomu Not light 0s though
Jul 22, 2021
I pity you that you managed to listen to the entire thing
Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever