Dave - Psychodrama
Mar 8, 2019 (updated Mar 18, 2019)
An artist so obviously well held together, but unfortunately he falls into the biggest flaw of creating an introspective record in the hip-hop sphere. You give your deepest thoughts and bury them in bravado? your listeners are not dumb. It creates a disconnect, if you're going introspective you've got to do that and leave the cliche punch-line hooks for artists who can never reach as deep as you go as an artist.

Instrumentation, is also entry level shit, but thats understandable for a debut by an artist that seems to have come out of nowhere but again, in the 21st century the bar is raised far too high with instrumentation use since there are millions of tracks across soundcloud and youtube with producers dying to work with someone who has something to say.

But, again I'm just being so coarse because "Dave" is a real breath of fresh air in a genre everyone/or maybe just I am falling out of love with, due to its over-saturation and its shaky values seen with what makes it and what doesn't.

Definitely going to come back to this record after a lot more listens, hopefully it grows upwards and towards acclaim. Dave definitely seems a great new addition, to the hip-hop sphere even if he seems plagued by things so curable in the year of the pigs.

"my house a babe station" egh "your ex wavy, we tsunami" ughh "life is a lesson, I'm passing the test" jesus
"automat-ic never stat-ic" nicce (but at the same time, stop talking shit)
"heartache is my g, I can get her on my facetime right now"
The whole of "Purple Heart" is terribly cringy.

Favourites: Black, Environment, Location