Justin Timberlake - FutureSex / LoveSounds
Sep 17, 2019
I was 12-13 when I came across this record, it was thrust onto me thanks to the TV, MTV to be more accurate or some off brand version of it, with it came "My Love" and of course I chased after the rest, so its a record with a great nostalgic feel,

Funnily though, what made me return to this record years later was my friends great opinion of this record, which seems to be shared here on the AOTY community. And I definitely see it now; since its the only record I ever return to from that age and sphere of sound.

I mean "Summer Love" made the concept of a summer love very real for me, it was low-key a pro-tip for me. "My Love" made me want to learn how to dance, thank god again low-key a pro-tip since most of my late teens and early 20's were spent shaking my ass for girls in the club(what?). "Losing My Way" was maddd deep to me, now not so much now, again thank god but a great record to me, peak timberland.

Finally, "What Goes Around... Comes Back Around" this is "Cry me a River" all grown up, another MTV track I was exposed to, the first 6minute one at that, and its brilliant, at a young age having a record, talking about concepts of relationships made me more accustomed to the idea when exposed to the experience, and yeah it made the records mean that much more when I felt what I had previously conceptualized in a track such as this, its a mainstream record with enough detours to make it last and be a meaningful addition to the world of music.

PS: I still know the TI verse off by heart fam, <3 admittedly I was one of the cool kids whose :) depressed now :)
Comments