The Delines - The Imperial
Jan 10, 2019
A familiar formula, but just as welcoming as ever. A subtle, quiet record packed with typical Americana/country rock staples that embraces you like a tight, warm hug. But packed under the relaxing subtly of the instrumentation is Willy Vautin's dark, tragic and even semi romantic lyrics delivered perfectly by Doone's dreary yet deeply alluring voice. This album is set of believable stories bought vividly to life trough pretty instrumentation and haunting vocals. The first album I have listened to in 2019, and a pleasant start.

Best Track: Cheer Up Charley- Catchy, relaxing and haunting, it is this song that is a perfect summary of this pretty album. Despite a semi optimistic message, Cheer up Charley tells to the story of a man who's life falls apart before his very eyes. A beautiful, modern tragedy.
Jan 13, 2019
I agree with everything here, you wrote my review for me. Didn't rate as highly though as it wore on me a lot.
Jan 13, 2019
glad to hear, I rate this album highly cos I just found it a pleasant change from what I typically listen to.
Dynade
Fabi
James Blake - Assume Form
James Blake
Assume Form
Deerhunter - Why Hasn't Everything Already Disappeared?
Deerhunter
Why Hasn't Everything Already Disappeared?
Sharon Van Etten - Remind Me Tomorrow