JPEGMAFIA - All My Heroes Are Cornballs
Sep 13, 2019 (updated Sep 13, 2019)
At what point does it stop being experimental music and just starts becoming a bunch of noises slapped together? because i do agree that this is a shitpost.

I'm not even unironically disappointed, I kind of expected not liking this considering how so many people adored Veteran and this being kind of a continuation and exaggeration of the thought process that went into that album. It's hard to really narrow down my thoughts on such a mess of an allbum, which is one of my core problems with it as it's so incohesive and chaotic and lacking any narrative to that chaos that it kind of sucks out the joy of making such a mess in the first place.

I do like Peggy's personality, i do like the style of hip hop that he dabbles in but both of those things just don't seem to mesh too well for me, and it sucks because i really want to love this album so much more than i actually do. I just guess he failed to pull me into the chaos with him on this one.
Sep 13, 2019
The thing is Veteran was good at being experimentaI for the most part, but this is just a compIete mess
Sep 13, 2019
The production alludes to more than what there actually is. I agree, I think anything can get a free pass with the term "experimental." This sounds like glitchy aesthetics to me personally, which is a bummer because I know theres more to it somewhere
Mol