Joji - Nectar
Sep 25, 2020
For an album that got delayed this still feels pretty half-baked ngl, the only songs that stood out to me that weren't already released as singles were Tick Tock and Reanimator, but Reanimator was more of a Yves Tumor instrumental than a Joji song, other than that most of the songs are just average rnb trap /"lofi hip hop radio - beats to relax/study to" type beats with Joji not bringing a whole lot to the table vocally or lyrically. I don't hate it completely but most of the tracklist is unsatisfying filler that I can't really get behind.
Sep 27, 2020
I personally found the album to be extremely disappointing, but the delay was more linked to the whole COVID-19 thing than to artistic reasons. Still, there is no excuse for this album for being so inconsistent and underwhelming.
Sep 27, 2020
@ADNIS Good point, I guess in hindsight nobody could have predicted that the pandemic was going to last this long, I just assumed that the time afforded would have been used to refine the final product, but I guess that wasn't quite the case here
Sep 28, 2020
Your favorite non-single songs were my least favorite lol. Respect your opinion! :)
Basic_Garci