AJR - OK ORCHESTRA
Mar 27, 2021
Wow, something by AJR that doesn't make me want to projectile vomit? That's new, but also it's still AJR 🤬🤬🤢🤢

I was dreading listening to this, but I knew this day would come. All of my past experience with this band was brought to me against my will alongside the Hamilton soundtrack and Imagine Dragons songs that my older siblings would put on the aux cord without realizing it's some of the most corny white people music put out in the last decade. Through gritted teeth I listened to this album (On Private Session, mind you, I didn't want to ruin my Spotify algorithm over this), my expectations were basically at rock bottom, and surprisingly enough they put out something that's decent and not overbearing with it's over the top production or cringy lyrics? Like this is still the same band, when did they become competent all of a sudden?

Overall, my experience with this album was sort of like my viewing experience of Ready Player One: If you look too deeply into it it's pretty bad, but there are enough engaging things on the surface level here that really activate my chimp brain and allow me to ignore it, and even when it's really bad it's so laughable I can still find a way to enjoy it somehow.

So yeah, probably never going to listen to this again, but it could have been way worse if I'm being honest.

Decent/So laughable it's Good Tracks: Bummerland, Humpty Dumpty, World's Smallest Violin
🤬🤬Bad🤬🤬 tracks: My Play, Adventure Is Out There, Joe