Half Alive - Now, Not Yet
Aug 9, 2019
I was thoroughly impressed by Half Alive's 3 Ep which I thought was a solid start for this new and coming Indie Rock/Pop band. I also was very impressed at the five singles that were released for this project. I was generally coming into this with high expectations. Did they meet them?

Definitely

This project saw them evolving their sound to a more clear and rounded mold which I was overall very impressed with. The best part of it in my opinion is the very clean production and sound which just never sounds poor in this record. This sound is consistent, but often sees points of sudden growth and explosions which I love. They can take a typical beat and evolve it to something else easily. The lyrics can seem just another album about self reflection and finding a place in the world. I usually don't care for stuff like this but the way they deliver these lines makes me look closer at their lyrics. They are themes of which many can relate to, but at the same time introduce religious ideas which put a different lens onto them, which I think is fantastic. They are wonderfully written, and the delivery of these thoughts is very solid from singer Josh Taylor, which is something bands like Twenty One Pilots often fail at. I wasn't expecting features but even they shined well. Overall this is a record that lived up to my hype and I just can't wait for what they do next.

Fav Tracks: TrusT, Maybe, still feel, arrow, RUNAWAY