HAIM - Women in Music Pt. III
Jun 26, 2020 (updated Jun 26, 2020)
I feel like this is one of the true good releases this year. I think that the name "Women In Music Pt. III" summarizes very well what this women's work proposes: it is an ode to every single good american female musician, I feel Joni Mitchell flow through these tracks, I feel Janet Jackson too, I feel Dixie Chicks, I feel Carole King, I even feel Taylor Swift, but even more, I feel the Haim Sisters more than ever. The lyrics are superb in many tracks here, raw and confessional, some of them describe so much all the pain and flaws that those women in music have in their hearts, but most of all, how they can translate and turn this to art.

This is a splendid summer indie pop rock album, gorgeous from its production to its songs themselves. I feel these tracks to my bones and it makes want to live all the joy, sorrow and love they sing about.

The only low points in the album are the track "Gasoline" which I didn't think it was bad, but it certainly wasn't on the same level as the other ones, also, the bonus tracks are truly excellent, however, sadly they don't match the album as a whole and feel underused on the bottom of a such amazing tracklist.

Thanks for being such amazing women in music, Alana, Danielle e Este.
Comments
Tielur
Pop Smoke - Shoot for the Stars, Aim for the Moon
Pop Smoke
Shoot for the Stars, Aim for the Moon
Jessie Ware - What's Your Pleasure?
Jessie Ware