Vagabon - Vagabon
Oct 20, 2019
Vagabon returns after 2 years with another stunning record, trading in multi-genre inspired indie rock for a more defined direction.

When Vagabon released her appropriately-titled debut record Infinite Worlds she was met with a mountain of praise. Trendy artists like this are always fun to follow, and a lot of them burn out faster than they appeared. But there was something much different about Laetitia Tamko's sound that was hard to pigeonhole. I watched her Audiotree set and she talked about how some nights she played with a band and other times alone. I think, for an artist just starting out, it was a courageous and interesting thing. Vagabon has always had a direction, whether anybody knew what it was, besides her. What some might look at as an amateur project that was sort of all over the place, others, like our buddies at Pitchfork, recognized as something bigger. I listened to Infinite Worlds often in 2017 and still return to tracks like The Embers often enough.

On her self-titled sophomore release she changes to more of an art pop dominated sound. Her fine-tuned song-writing is still present and her powerful vocals are even better than before. Still a short project, and one with a lot of good ideas, she leaves little doubt that she wasn't just a "trend." Clearly, Vagabon is here for the long run, and who knows what direction she'll take next. Just know it will be worth checking out regardless.
Aoaystheory's Tags
ok so finally your real thoughts on this album... 4 was a little harsh score
Oct 20, 2019
Yeah, I should have out an official appolgy out lol. Yeah, I barely give out scores that low!! I just love music too much.
WildChameleon