AOTY 2020
Travis Scott - ASTROWORLD
Aug 3, 2018 (updated Aug 8, 2018)
Subject to change.

The Preamble:
I am way too excited. So much so that I might get disappointed. Please don't fail me, Travis.

The Review:
Did Travis invent psychedelic trap? Yes. This album while not as good as Rodeo, is the proper successor rather than BITTSM. The production on this thing amazing to groundbreaking. My main gripe with this project is that it wasn't dark enough. The day cover artwork for this album makes sense now. Travis has improved tremendously as a lyricist also. Coffee Bean was a true indication of what Travis is capable of as a rapper. I'm glad that reception has been mostly positive for this record from the instant reactions people had of the album. I'm really feeling empty, now that ASTROWORLD is here.

Track Ratings:
STARGAZING (5/5)
CAROUSEL (4/5)
SICKO MODE (4.5/5)
RIP SCREW (4/5)
STOP TRYING TO BE GOD (5/5)
NO BYSTANDERS (5/5)
COFFEE BEAN (5/5)

Overall Rating:
87/100
Aug 3, 2018
Hopefully he announces the name of his next album tomorrow so we can over-anticipate something again
Aug 4, 2018
Aug 4, 2018
@76fex TBH, it only happened recently when people began to know about him and they listened to his work. Rodeo for some reason bangs even harder now than it did back then. Now a lot of them are upset that he didn't release another Rodeo, not realizing he needed to grow or get surpassed by contemporaries biting off of him.
Aug 5, 2018
Aug 9, 2018
Rodeo always had some kind of cult following. As more famous Travis got, the more it expanded. Personally I listened to Rodeo in 2017, but it really is fantastic.
Mar 18, 2019
Jun 29, 2019
astrothunder being one of the lowest rated tracks is actually a crime against humanity
Jun 29, 2019