Feb 10, 2024 (updated Feb 13, 2024)
is this your king?

I have recently been revisiting a plethora of albums from the 2010’s for a project I’m working on (don’t ask when it’ll be out, it’s gonna be a while), and during the prep work for this project, I remembered an ancient fact that I had long forgotten about:

Kanye West…used to be…a great artist.

It has been easy to forget in recent years, but there was once a time when Kanye West was a once in a generation artist that was incomparable to anyone else. Ye used to have a reputation for being a perfectionist, and it showed in the music, with beats that were fine tuned, gorgeous, cinematic, and cutting edge. That’s another thing, West had directly influenced the sound of pop culture multiple times in his peak years, being a genuine forward thinking trailblazer and trendsetter; whether by being directly responsible for a new sound, having the ear to find the next great thing and put it into a new context, or at the very least getting new people to hear a style of music that haven’t been aware of before. But not only that, Kanye used to put so much of himself on his records in a way that many people at the time were afraid to do. He used to be embarrassingly honest about his insecurities, emotions, mental health, and flaws. He used to be self aware about who he was, and was able to use that self awareness to paint a vivid picture of a complex man who often fell short of the man he wanted to be and making you empathize with him. Working on this project, for the first time in a while I remembered the Kanye West that made some of the best albums of the 2000’s and 2010’s.

That is not the Kanye West that made “Vultures 1”. The Kanye West that made “Vultures 1” is a charmless, creatively spent, lazy, unfocused, boring, emotionally hollow, antisemitic loser.

Arguably, this is the Kanye that has been in the driver’s seat for years. Even with some listenable moments here and there, the writing should have been on the wall for anybody thinking critically with the release of “Jesus is King” that Ye had fallen off and was no longer going to be making gamechanging records with a message worth listening to. Even with delay after delay after delay, which has become the new normal for West, you could expect the record to be released in an unfinished state, with increasingly below par and incomplete beats, uncleared samples, terrible mixing, and first idea verses. The stink of a rush job would often be repeatedly brushed off by his die-hard fans with the insistence that once Kanye “fixes it” (which shouldn’t be the standard for any artist but I guess that’s where the bar has been set now) that the vision will all come together, even though the “fixes” to all of his last three records don’t seem to have made any of his records more enjoyable in any meaningful way. “Jesus is King” was a sloppily spat out record with corny bars and hollow appeals to Christianity because he was mad about being taxed. “Donda” was a bloated, over glorified greatest hits record without the hits, with even the admittedly good moments not being close to the lows of his classic era. His last record, “Donda 2”, was a Robin Thicke-esque attempt to get his wife back through manipulative and abusive means and control his increasingly negative public narrative, and it was so poorly taped together and made West seem so unlikeable that his fans try to pretend it wasn’t a real album.

All three of these records are better than “Vultures 1”.

“Donda” at least had some good tracks that were worth consuming and at least resembled the artist we know Kanye could be. “Jesus is King” and “Donda 2” had ideas and, if nothing else, felt like reflections of a man crying for help, even if he was trying his damn hardest to come across like he was fine. “Vultures 1” is Kanye saying “I’m not going to try, I’m not going to put my put my heart or soul or effort into my art, I’m not going to try to reflect on the man I am and who I want to be. I’m going to deliver the same unfinished, uninspired, derivative slob with thin, bland, vague, and hollow attempts at being cinematic and what suburban white teens consider ‘experimental’ that I’ve been doing for years now, that many of my peers have been running circles around, acting like a fuckhead while doing it, and you’re going to eat that slob right up”.

The production sounds like AI created type beats ripped to MP3’s off of YouTube. The mixing is awful - so much is leveled improperly, so many elements are clashing and distorting, everyone sounds like they’ recorded their vocals with their 2008 HP laptop’s built in microphone. Many of the verses are clearly unfinished first takes off the dome. The bars are terrible. The song structure is non existent. The pacing is excruciatingly boring. Ty Dolla $ign is such a creative black hole and a non factor that I didn’t even realize he was there until my fifth listen. Kanye is acting less like a forty five year old veteran and a master of his craft and more like a twelve year old trying to make the other players cry in a COD lobby. Kanye used to be a creative genius - now he needs his pupils to help him make pale imitations of who he used to be. His albums used to be genuine artistic expressions, now they only serve to be poorly informed publicity stunts. Good or not, all of Kanye’s other albums had soul. “Vultures 1” is devoid of it. You could search for days trying to find anyone attached to this project show even a glimpse of their humanity and you’ll walk out with dick. Do what I did, revisit his music pre 2018, and it becomes completely obvious that “Vultures 1” just doesn’t compare.

And of course there’s literal Antisemitism on this record, because why wouldn’t there be?

The final song on the album, “King”, sees Kanye boldly claim “‘Crazy, Bipolar, Antisemite’, and I’m still the king”. This is more than likely intended as a “people didn’t believe in me, but I still succeeded” kind of victory lap, but all I hear is a washed up millionaire gloating that he can get away with increasingly awful output and outright antisemitism and still be victorious because he’s literally too big to fail. It’s an ugly look of a broken man past the point of no return, but you know what? He’s right. He is still the king, because since this album was announced months ago people have been showing their full asses proving his point.

You’d have to be living under a rock to not know about Kanye’s flirtation with antisemitism the past few years, and you have to be a literal infant to not understand Kanye’s Jewish hatred for what it is - it’s not even dog whistling he’s just flat out screaming it, I do not need to explain it. This is already a human dogshit thing for Kanye to do, but what makes it so despicable is that Kanye is one of the most influential people in the whole world with one of the most impressionable of fan bases. That means if Kanye says deplorable things about Jewish people, many of his fans will listen to it, engage with it, and spread it, and it will have real world dangerous effects on people. I have already seen it happen.

In case you forgot, Nazism and antisemitism are *bad*. We had a whole global war about it. They’re both two of the most despicable ideologies out there, and to engage with them and spread their ideas and messaging is one of the most evil things you could do. One slightly less bad yet still repulsive things you could do is be complacent towards, platform, and even help and support a Nazi achieve said goals, and I see way too many people doing that.

I am not talking about the people who acknowledge Kanye’s behavior for what it is yet still enjoy listening to him and like “Vultures 1” and leave it at that. I have no issue with them. You can listen to “Carnival” and be at peace with the only response you can expect from me is that the song sucks. I’m talking about two groups of people who are both enabling Kanye’s Nazism and Antisemitism. First, the people who collaborated on this album. The features, the plethora of writers, the fifty or so producers who wind up completely faceless on this record, a specific supposed anti-Nazi producer *who knows better* who easily forgot his morals the one time they were truly tested. The other is the hoards of people going out of their way to drown out anyone who is even mildly critical of this album, let alone Kanye’s behavior, through dismissal, deflection, insults, harassment, school-yard bullying, and, bigotry, because of course that’s been happening too. What both of these groups are doing is being complacent towards antisemitism and Nazism, and even helping him normalize his hateful ideology. Again, let me reiterate, if you are critical of Kanye and his behavior and you’re just enjoying music and not letting it get past that - no issues here. However, if you feel personally attacked by what I said above and think you fit into either of these two groups - you’re weak, you are easier to amuse than a baby, and you’re a coward that doesn’t stand for anything.

I really wanted to be more positive this year. I really did. I ideally wanted to give out no 0/10’s this year and I already gave one in January, I didn’t want to give anymore. But I hate this. “Vultures 1” is just more of what I already haven’t been able to stand about Kanye West’s latest output. And while this isn’t as incoherent as “Jesus is King” or “Donda 2”, I think being coherent about being a Jewish hating Nazi is infinitely worse. I can’t even “separate the art from the artist” because the antisemitism is literally baked into the music. It’s unignorable. I’m not even offended, I’m just flabbergasted that one of the most influential people in the world is engaging with some of the most evil ideas known to man and so many people are trying to act like this is all normal and are going out of their way to talk down to people who rightfully don’t fuck with what’s happening as though they’re the crazy ones. “Vultures 1” is one of Kanye’s laziest, rushed, half-assed, creatively empty, hollow, and soulless records, and any good thing that comes out of it is completely forgotten when Kanye shameless attempts to provoke people with his antisemitic nonsense like a teenage edgelord. Hard pass.

And if you’re one of the people who I described enabling this fuckery, who are trying to harass people who rightfully have a problem with what’s happening, who are going to lecture me that I’m biased, or that I should separate the art from the artist, or that there’s no need to say Nazism is bad and that I’m preaching or virtue signaling or anything like that, or if you’re gonna make fun of my pronouns like the losers who listen to Tom MacDonald, I want you to do something for me. I want you to think about what Kanye has been doing and really sit with it. Really sit with the fact that this is the man who said he wanted to go death con 3 on Jewish people, who referred to to himself as an antisemite and a Nazi, who hangs out with Nazi’s, white supremacists, and holocaust deniers, who compared abortion to the holocaust, who uses Nazi inspired album art, who wears the double headed golden eagle, who has openly praised and spoken of his admiration for Adolf Hitler, who compares himself to Jesus and Hitler in the same breath, and has put his antisemitic ideology into his music to be consumed by the masses. Really sit with that and really think about the evils that been made in the name of antisemitism and Nazism that Kanye West is openly aligning himself with, and ask yourself this:

is this your king?

BaddieBaphomet's Tags
2w
okay you the king, burger king
2w
one in the pink one in the stink
2w
idk about my king, but definitely a musical genius
Hardest review I've ever read
Noooooope
2w
Wait till this dude founds out people have pronouns everywhere
2w
idk depends on whatever happens to earl
2w
if this man is king it only emboldens why monarchy is a goofy ass governmental structure.
also hi
Ofc๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ˜ญ
2w
@peopleperson you thought you ate and now everyone made fun of you. sucks to be you, man
burger king
2w
@TheUnrealGamer what was their original comment
They got banned amen
My pronouns are womp/womp
2w
@ScrimbloBimblo something worthy of being banned.
2w
@TheUnrealGamer this music reviewer shit must be getting SERIOUS if you gotta do allat because someone said something about an album
2w
Okay, but now that that's out of the way, @BaddieBaphomet this isn't gonna be The Brave: Electric Boogaloo... is it?
2w
@ScrimbloBimblo They said "This ("person") got pronouns on AOTY (laughing emoji)", "person" substituted.
who is peopleperson
2w
yes he is my glorious king and goat
Yeah
2w
Kanye is one of my favorite artists, but only Christ is king.
2w
baddie coming out with the bangers once again
Praying this is review is a 0/10 / 1/10 plz put this in the dirt ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ
2w
honestly the most sane review on this album right now. hope it stays
burger king
McDonalds
2w
You have Baddie in ur name for a reason
Another banger from baddie
2w
Someone explain to me who peopleperson is
NOT ANYMORE
Na Jesus is
Issa banger
2w
Make Kanye king of France. I don't like the French, but hey, maybe they'll have a fourth revolution under Ye. Win-Win if you ask me
Nah my king is thmyok
2w
oh shit actual full review now
2w
Crazy review. You never fail to make great reviews on this site. I salute.
HOLY SHIT YOU COOKED
Great review
SHE ATE AND LEFT NO CRUMBS
insanely good review. wow
2w
First and last line hits hard though. Kanye is one of the most important figures in my life as his music helped me fall in love with music in totality. So disappointed in what he's become to the point I now detest him
2w
Amazing review as usual. So fucking sick of people praising this album and incredibly disappointed in JPEGMAFIA as well, and obviously disgusted with Kanye himself. I really hope the follow-ups to this album don't drop because Kanye fans are legit poisoning this site rn.
2w
baphomet the goat strikes back again..
2w
great breakdown of things, when I first listened I wasn't impressed but the more I listened and the more I think about it the more it falls apart. This album gets worse the more you think about it. Even at the best of its moments, it is so aggressively unlikeable.
whyd you 0 bomb it?
Guess I prayed hard enough ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ
2w
gud review, even tho, I enjoyed it a bit.
Holy shit
2w
excellent job. that last line threw me in for a left hook oh my goodness. also really something these psychos should be considering. if you're willing to go this far for a man and die on this hill, you are no better than him.
2w
Though I disagree, this review is fantastic:)
2w
absolute destruction. genuine scorched earth. well fuckin done.

also the JPEGMAFIA reference really reminded me about how unfortunate that whole situation is. considering Veteran is my consistent go to as my favorite album of all time, it really sucks that he’s just been talking out of his ass his whole career
@Zwuppo rating an album a 0 =/= bombing it + womp womp
2w
Really well written review, but I disagree
Personally, I’m in the middle on this album. I see so many people shitting on it cause Kanye sucks (which is valid, tbh tho I’m listening to the music here, but like you said, he’s kinda ingrained his idiotologies into the music, which does admittedly lessen this album), and then i see the group of people saying it’s amazing or “his best since [insert 2010s Kanye album that isn’t JIK]”, but to me? It’s just meh.
It’s got some great tracks, but feels so half baked it’s insane. Like a 50/100 for me, middle ground and not revolutionary, but not shit either.
2w
This is one of the greatest reviews I've seen on this website.
2w
I have no idea if anyone will see my comment, but I am actually one of those Kanye fans that just enjoys his music and still acknowledges his behavior. Actually when "the incident" happened back in 2022, I stopped listening to him for like 4 or 3 months because I didn't want to associate with him. Recently on the release of Vultures I sat in bed about to go to sleep and asked myself, "Am I an awful person for listening to this?" Just today I ended up deleting my review for this album, and I refuse to mention anything regarding the song KING or VULTURES. While I do highly enjoy this album, all of the controversy surrounding this thing has thrown me for a loop. I am quite scared of what others might think of me being a Ye fan. I really did love this review, and I hope more people see this. If any of my words come off as weird I'm quite sorry.
2w
incredible review from baddie as usual
2w
Thank you everyone for you continued love and support, for enjoying/connecting to my review, and for dunking on that transphobic clown. Words don’t do my gratitude justice, you’re all why I do what I do. Also thank you to the people who enjoy Kanye’s music and this record but acknowledge the fuckery he’s engaged in and approached my review with understanding.

Oh, and I’m sorry @zuppo for the confusion over my low rating. Here, I linked you an explanation for why I think this album is a 0 that should clear everything right up
2w
Top ten reviews of all time just dropped unironically
Great review!
Banger of a review ๐Ÿ”ฅ
goated review
2w
Holy shit this was an amazing read. You hit the nail on the head here Baddie
2w
holy fucking balls you cooked as always baddie, incredible review i see only truths here
very respectable, good review
2w
amazing and much needed review, thank you for this
2w
Holy shit. I love the structure of your reviews and how you express your thoughts, I enjoyed the album and agree with the critical aspects of it. Again, what an amazing review
2w
Brilliant review as always! The way you write your reviews always just amazes me you're one of my favorite and one of the best reviewer on this site!
2w
it really is typical of a kanye stan to make pronoun jokes
2w
also good review. sums up my thoughts on the man
2w
burnin like a candle light
2w

facts tbh. People think anyone making a political statement against Kanye on AOTY rn isnt letting people form their own opinions. But you said it right here, whoever wants to enjoy this has the complete authority to do so. But youre not wavering from your personal school of thought and I really respect that.
2w
This is an amazing review and it shines the light on what is this projects biggest issue is. Even tho I enjoyed what I have heard from this, I totally understand where people have been coming from to hate this album and I think both of the opinions on this matter are valid. Unless you are defending Kanye's actions than there is no hope for you.
cooked as usual Baddie
2w
Review goes hard as shit, keep cookin sis
2w
Kanye West…used to be…a great artist.
2w
This review is so amazingly put. I don't know how to put into words exactly what I love so much about this review, but it might be that you don't shy away from talking about both the music on the record as well as the impact of Kanye's recent behavior (and how these tie together), which I truly think is necessary for a full discussion. In any case, your reviews really do elevate this site as a whole and truly help pave the way for more meaningful, complete, and constructive discourse in music here.
2w
Absolutely cooked on this review
2w
Yeah this review is great. I wish Kanye didn’t go down the road he did but some people never learn.
womp womp
wait slay oomf
2w
This review is absolute art
2w
Absolutely cooked. And honestly don't feel bad about giving out 0s, as long as you're not spitting them out every other review like an AI algorithm, they do a good job at representing something truly flawed and irridemable with an album that just breaks every convention of music theory we've made.
Beautiful review
2w
beautiful review, mostly agree. the thing is tho that even an uninspired and boring kanye still makes decent music. this is NOT a 0, any way you spin it. i enjoy some music on here. yes its got obvious flaws, but i can overlook them. while i do see how the jewish related bars can impact the spread of antisemitism, idgaf about them when i hear them in a song. also, criticizing mfs who 0 bomb this with barely even a review is not "harassing anyone whos mildly critical of this album", its justified hate. hating just to hate is as bad as praising this because you have ye's meat in your mouth
2w
shit goes crazy, great review
2w
carnival and burn are good you cant lie. fuck kanye but damn i honestly dont think its a 0.
2w
I seriously can’t handle you serving this much baddie; you’re gonna put the rest of us outta a job ๐Ÿ˜‚

Phenomenal work as always baddie!
@Watcher007 no she didn't? lol
2w
amazing review, it's so well put together i admire your eloquence and your ability to put these thoughts into words so well
2w
Naw, he ain't ever been my king, but you are certainly capable of being a queen. Put the crown on in this review, this a coronation. Proud of you, congrats
2w
You can call me a dickrider but I understand anyone that dislikes this album. However this album has Burn & Good (Don't Die), it cannot be a 0.
Holy shit. Someone cooked here
2w
You may have posted absolute heat
fucking 5 star dish meal holy fuck
Well said
2w
Is someone preparing turkey cause that was a ROAST.
2w
i've also been revisiting ye's older music recently, it's been a pretty fun experience. anyways, this is one of the most well written reviews ive seen in on this platform and i just wanted you to know that. hope you have a great day :)
2w
Bro supplied for a whole restaurant with this one holy moly
2w
amazing review, very well written :)
Phenomenal review.
2w
This is the greatest vultures review i think ill ever read. you laid out every point everyone should know about whats been happening and what will continue. thank you for this
Go off lil bro
Yes Kanye’s my king
Absolutely cooked,great Review๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ’ฏ
2w
baddie I will pay you actual money to even try to miss you are too good at this, amazing work, fair critiques, strongly backed and argued, wonderful all around!
corny
King kanye๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ—ฃ๏ธ
2w
the songs sound good in my ears
Wonderfully said
odd
2w
The ending line was actually fire, like end of the hero's monologue type shit
2w
Jaw actually dropped when I was done reading this, just wow. You put it together perfectly, i admire it. I just wanna say this out everything in perspective for me to. While I am aware “nazi bad” it’s just describing everything and thinking about it in the context of Kanye, made me sad. Wonderful review! Bless.
*put
2w
goat cooked yet again wonderful birthday present
Kanye? Great Artist? Pick one lmao
You the king.

Burger King.
2w
Ye's music has never been good. He's just an entry level musician who has 200 people work on every album he puts out, yet doesn't show anything worth a shit for it. "Perfectionism" my ass. It reads as some egomaniac degenerate making music as if no one likes him. Where's the perfectionism in his cringe lyrics? Where's the perfectionism in beats that just sound like generic NBA 2k rap songs? When solo rap artists can single-handedly produce shit leagues better, as well as uplift other artists and humans in the process, who never felt the need to bitch inside their music about why nobody likes them; there's no excuse for Kanye. He's always been an overrated entry level artist who millions of white dudes on /mu/ shilled to the grave, not having heard anything else. Tool/Radiohead syndrome if I've ever seen it. One artist does things slightly different than the mainstream, they're suddenly the next coming of Jesus Christ.
2w
I'm just glad fewer and fewer people are making excuses for him. Was so used to people bitching at me for critiquing the awful shit Ye has said for at least 10 years now, whining about how he's mentally ill so he gets a free pass to say whatever he wants.
@EnigmaDragon ๐Ÿค“
what about burn tho
2w
@Ves It says a lot about Kanye dickriders that they have no words for anyone who remotely critiques his music.
2w
Other than to get absolutely triggered the minute someone has something even remotely critical to say about him, and then bitches about them being too woke.
@EnigmaDragon wtf are you yapping about ๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€
2w
this aint even about kanye. "Tool/Radiohead syndrome" is the dorkiest shit ive ever seen someone type
2w
Why are you replying to me if you don't care about what I have to say? You've said nothing, but show how butthurt you are at someone disliking an artist you dickride so hard? Step away from the keyboard if you have nothing to say.

It's surprising anyone is even bothering to listen to this garbage. If you truly cared about making a statement; you'd stop listening to this degenerate rejects music. All reviewing his music and listening to it, even going into it knowing you won't enjoy it, is just giving him more publicity. It's exactly what this reject wants. This pseudo-intellectual and his pseudo-intellectual dickriders should've all been irrelevant well over 10 years ago, but y'all insist on making sure his name is brought up at all times. Guess no one has the strength or willpower anymore. I can now see why everyone calls people too soft nowadays. Claim to be against bigotry and hatred, but devote all your time giving bigots as much attention as possible.
2w
I ain’t reading all that I’m happy for you though or sorry that happened
2w
The minute I have a valid point, you refuse to read my comments. Typical. I hope Kanye's dick tastes good.
2w
@EnigmaDragon You're throwing a performative temper tantrum dawg, you can like virtue signal all you want but crying in aoty comments doesn't do anything, especially since I haven't defended kanye once ๐Ÿ’€
2w
You're just yapping about some made up figure in ur head and getting mad about it
2w
@EnigmaDragon true i have listened to music before
2w
Yes, he is my king. And that doesn't make me an Antisemite or whatever. I just fw MBDTF a lot. It's not that deep. Sorry you spent this time you could have used to become rich just yapping on an album review site and most likely changing very little in the way of people's already previously-held opinions.
2w
I'm just utterly sick of wanting to avoid this moron, but I have to deal with his garbage music shoved into my face 24/7 by people who claim to hate everything he stands for, and morons who shill his music to death being triggered at people who don't like him. I comment about it once on a review, and apparently I'm being "performative".
2w
Where's my excuse to be a complete asshole to everyone? I'm mentally ill too! Obviously I don't deserve excuses that Kanye has always gotten. Sorry if whatever I said offended you or made you upset, and if Im being irrational, I'm sorry about that too. I just don't get it. Twitter and YouTube has really brainrotted everyone to the point they can't help but indulge in anything they hate 24/7 instead of ignoring it. I've never said shit about Kanye in a public space since I tried to listen to MBDTF a few months ago, I don't see why it's so hard for everyone else. Sorry I am saying something now and contributing to the problem. I'm tired of it.
2w
All I said "Tool/Radiohead syndrome" is the goofiest shit ive ever heard and you went on two different rants about some shit i aint even talking about
2w
It literally took you several comments to even mention that's what you was referring to. How was I supposed to know? Don't see how its goofy when its a valid assessment. I could say you're goofy for liking Pent Up Pup, but if that's the type of music you resonate with, you're valid for doing so. I'm not gonna suddenly think your opinion doesn't matter.

Excuse me for thinking two bands that are just the 2nd iceberg tier, that people who grew up with them or have only listened to RYM top 100 rock/metal albums believes is some profound thing, are comparable to Kanye in the same ways. Anyone who has heard anything remotely underground would see how surface level they were. I think Between the Buried and Me serves as a better example, as I have listened to lots of shit BtBaM inspired like The Contortionist, and they're LEAGUES better than anything BtBaM could dream of making. At least they know how to structure music. Not throwing random bluegrass sample just to do it.
2w
I agree tho, I was diagnosed bipolar at 17 and seeing all the excuses he gets for it disgusts me.
Also not saying im goofy for like pup would be a first for me ๐Ÿ’€
Truly iconic of you
2w
I think the main reason I care about Kanye being liked and brought up is that his ideology bleeds into his music, and has forever. That's a big thing with rap and in positive ways, exactly why I have respect for it. People are not afraid to denounce the system, whereas artists are too weak to do so in other genres.

I may be contributing to the problem here, I just want people to just shut the fuck up about him. I can't go on websites I like to use, and need to use for connections because I'm a mentally ill, worthless person who can't really have a life outside of the internet (I live in a very transphobic area). I can't go on the internet without him constantly brought up in these spaces, by people who supposedly don't support him. I'm just sick of it.
that's fair.
2w
I hope that bluesky's mantra of just ignoring these idiots and not giving them a platform at all catches on. The internet could use less drama and discourse. It drags people like me into it who don't know better, and are trying to stop doing so into it. I feel like every time I make progress, stuff like this keeps dragging me back into it.
2w
All while simultaneously giving Daughters and The Smiths an 100, you're a tool.
2w
@Kapstack none of those artists fused their awful personality into those albums like Kanye did on this album (as far as I know) You missed the point of this review.
2w
You are bang on the money here. Thank you for writing this.
2w
@Sbeve If that's the case then riddle me this, why are rappers always given a free pass when mentioning murdering, abusing woman, or selling narcotics? I'm in no way defending Kanye, but when people pick and choose what's wrong or right it always gives me a good laugh.
Great review
2w
@Kapstack fair point, I hadn't actually considered that. From what I can tell, usually there's more nuance going on like with Kendrick's stuff which is not the case with this album.
amazing review!
this is so cold
2w
You. Are. Saying. Facts. I mean, period, slay. And you're eating and cooking at the same time, that's saying a lot
2w
not reading all that geek
This one sizzles
stay mad.
1w
the last lines goes hard holy fuck, fantastic review and you just cooked with this one really really good!
I aint reading allat freak ๐Ÿ˜‚
listen to what jhumka๐Ÿ—ฃ๐Ÿ”ฅ
1w
the brainrot of this review is actually funny. you really wrote 15 paragraphs for an album you did not enjoy? sounds more like you want everyone to have a reason to not enjoy an album that people actually are enjoying.
just review the fucking music I’m not reading a 25 paragraph rant
im the burger king
based
Literally 1984 moment
1w
Excellent write up - it is quite literally impossible to “separate the art from the artist” when the worst parts of the artist are prevalent within the art. But even if you remove the antisemitism, this is still a horribly mixed, terribly performed, horrendously written insult to the concept of sound.

Yitler fans attacking what is likely the most reasonable review I’ve read on Vultures need to quit dribbling over their keyboards
1w
"just review the f***ing music I’m not reading a 25 paragraph rant." Exactly. It's a blessing when these type of people write reviews, (where Nazi is mentioned 11 times and antisemite 13 times btw), like this and give albums a 0 that in no way deserve one because you know to discount their opinion on anything else to do with music.
why this hard as fuck
1w
i'm reading allat. great review.
She/Her kinda cringe dude
1w
One of the best Kanye reviews on the site.
Not reading allat ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ™
@hellothere21 You don't know what a joke is + womp womp
1w
This is genuinely one of the best reviews I've ever read.
@Yeezy24 when women exist ๐Ÿคฏ
1w
W review, fuck Kanye and anybody who love him
1w
all these people making accounts to defend Kanye is so fucking corny ong. She wrote 15 paragraphs about the album bc uhhhh, album reviewing is her hobby maybe? You brainlet children are making an account on a website you don't use because you're upset people who- realistically- probably know more about music than you don't like the album... that suggests that you're insecure in your own music tastes.
1w
Great ahh review (side note though: TLOP is not a 50)
1w
@BaddieBaphomet Aw but being transphobic is good!
1w
Cool review, but even after a week I still like the album, and I'm happy with that. I don't know what @EnigmaDragon talking about though, since Kanye is clearly not for her so why even bother lol.
1w
womp womp please get off the computer
Pedo rapist profile pic ^^^
1w
Hardest review on this website
5d
Womp womp
3d
Kanye West's journey exemplifies the challenges of navigating fame, artistic integrity, and personal issues under the public eye. It also serves as a case study for the music industry and its consumers to reflect on the values we champion and the behaviors we are willing to tolerate in the name of art. Your passionate and detailed critique contributes to this ongoing conversation, inviting readers to consider not just the legacy of a once-celebrated artist but the broader implications of his recent actions and the reactions they provoke.
16h