Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman
Feb 6, 2021
Dangerous Woman, the album that turned me into an Ariana Grande fan. I was 14 when I first listened to it, right after the Manchester incident I think, and before that I didn’t have a habit of listening to full albums, only main singles. I already knew who she was and even liked some of her songs from the previous albums (her biggest hits until that point), but I never really stopped to listen and pay attention to her music before and I remember falling in love with this album on first listen and just being mesmerized by her vocal ability. It was on repeat for months and months and I still have a strong emotional connection to it but looking back at it now I don’t think it’s as amazing as I used to think it was. I’m not saying that it isn’t great and doesn’t have some incredible songs, but in comparison to everything she’s done so far in her career this doesn’t feel as authentic and personal as some of her other stuff. As Ariana has said before in interviews, this album was mainly a label move and she didn’t have much control over it and I personally think that’s very apparent. This commercial synthetic pop oriented sound, even though it’s very well executed here (I mean, “Into You” is a masterpiece and a career highlight), doesn’t really represents who she is as an artist and as a person. However, looking at it for what it is, I can’t deny that Dangerous Woman is a nearly perfect pop album. For the most part, this thing is energetic, fun, catchy and memorable. It gave Ariana a new status in pop music and attracted thousands of new fans, including myself. It’s for sure a decisive moment in her career, but it was only preparing the lane for the real side of Ariana’s personality to shine and take over the world.

FAV TRACKS: MOONLIGHT, DANGEROUS WOMAN, BE ALRIGHT, INTO YOU, SIDE TO SIDE, SOMETIMES, I DON'T CARE, BAD DECISIONS, TOUCH IT, THINKING BOUT YOU
LEAST FAV TRACK: KNEW BETTER / FOREVER BOY