Literally Utopia WTF?

Let's get something out of the way first, I don't give a shit about Kanye as a person, I just simply do not care about him. I think he is just stupid, He was always desperate for attention, And after the break up with Kim he lost his mind a bit, So he is talking a lot of bullshit and he's doing dumb shit. He obviously needs a therapist or some kind of help, And he's not getting any. I also don't think people should even give a mentally ill person a stage, they are just looking for action and controversy and it's embarrassing. The people who gave him a stage knew he was about to say stupid ass things, But they wanted their own show to grow, Attracting the audience and social media to their platform, By giving Kanye a stage to create controversy. Kanye is sick, Needs a treatment, And no one should pay attention to the things he says.

With that out of the way, I must admit that even before all the recent events and controversy around Kanye, I've never been the biggest fan of him. I respect him as a musician and his influence is undeniable. However, in my opinion he is slightly overrated, And personally I've never heard an album from him that I can say is a 9/10. The albums I've heard from him are very good actually, But not the masterpieces many people are making them to be.

Yeezus is probably my favorite solo Kanye album for now. From an art standpoint, It's quite intriguing, I think it represents the gimmick of Kanye in the best way possible. He is a controversial figure, He has a huge ego, And he's basically in love with himself, And this album is Kanye literally diving into his god complex. And what can I say, It's entertaining as fuck, And it's the most unapologetic and off-the-wall album Kanye has ever released.

The production here is chaotic and wild to say the least, At times even so chaotic that it sounds like an enormous mess. But Kanye made all the different strange sections and weird abrasive beats to come together in a cohesive way for the most part. The beats are extremely noisy and the sample use can be quite mind scratching, This is undoubtedly Kanye's experimental opus. Therefore, because I'm an experimental hip hop nerd, This is the album that I found to be the most engaging in his discography.

Kanye's performances here are admittedly great. He sells the persona of the album and his chaotic personality so well, He sounds more arrogant and over the top as he's ever been, And he matches the insane production with his raw energy perfectly. Of course he is not the best writer out there, And there are some weak lines here and there, Sometimes it threw me off a little bit, But there were moments where his bad lines were effectively awful and ridiculous, And it worked with the chaotic nature of the project.

In terms of the consistency of the album, It's definitely not the most consistent record ever. It has some exceptionally high highs, Such as Black Skinhead, New Slaves, Hold My Liquor and Blood On the Leaves, But also some mediocre lows like Send It Up and I'm In It. The production is slightly rough around the edges at times, And not in a charming way or intentionally. I've got some gripes with certain sections on certain tracks, Or some production choices and instrumentals, The production on the album is far from perfect. However even when it wasn't perfect it always kept me engaged and interested in what will happen next.

Now I've got a confession to make, I don't really get the hype around Bound 2. It's a beautiful song, A nice tune, And I adore the pre chorus by Charlie Wilson. Overall I like the track, But the sample gets a bit repetitive at some point in my opinion, And a little boring. I just can't see how some fans are saying it's one of his best songs...

Even with all of these gripes, This album is a hell of a banger, And like I already said, The highs on this album are genuinely some of his best work ever, And I can't deny how grand and ambitious this album is.

Overall, Yeezus is a fantastic album, And even though It's not perfect, Some of its imperfections are charming. I actually love the album quite a bit, And I probably find way too much enjoyment in it to be completely honest.

Favorite: On Sight, Black Skinhead, I Am a God, New Slaves, Hold My Liquor, Blood On the Leaves
Least favorite: Send It Up

6mo
Starting a streak of controversial albums now lol
6mo
@TheUnrealGamer That's understandable, On first listen I kinda hated it, But it grew on me since then
6mo
ืœื ื”ืืœื‘ื•ื ื”ืื”ื•ื‘ ืขืœื™ื™ ืฉืœื• (ืื ื™ ืžืขื“ื™ืฃ ืืช ื“ื” ืœื™ื™ืฃ ืื•ืฃ ืคืื‘ืœื•) ืื‘ืœ ื–ื” ื‘ื˜ื•ื— ืื—ื“ ื”ื˜ื•ื‘ื™ื ืฉืœื•, ื‘ื™ืงื•ืจืช ืžืขื•ืœื” ื›ืžื• ืชืžื™ื“
6mo
ื”ืืžืช ืฉืขื•ื“ ืœื ืฉืžืขืชื™ ืืช ืœื™ื™ืฃ ืื•ืฃ ืคืื‘ืœื•, ืฆืจื™ืš ืœืฉืžื•ืข. ื•ืชื•ื“ื” ืื—!! :)
6mo
good review. definitely good to clarify your thoughts on ye as a person too.
6mo
ืืชื” ื‘ืืžืช ื—ื™ื™ื‘ ืœืฉืžื•ืข ืืช ืœื™ื™ืฃ ืื•ืฃ ืคืื‘ืœื•,ืืœื‘ื•ื ื‘ืืžืช ืžื“ื”ื™ื ืœื“ืขืชื™
5mo