Well, what's more interesting? Drake's shlonggy getting leaked or Kanye being an actual shlonggy irl?

Edit (72->59): So... I don't want it to look like I'm lowering my score only because more and more people are hating on this thing, but I did overrate it quite a bit on my first listen. Even though I basically said on almost every song that the mix is weird/chaotic/messy, I tried to give everything the benefit of the doubt. However, with more listens the whole project has grown off me, and the "all over the place" nature of it seems less enjoyable to me. I still don't think it's as terrible as some people say it is, but it's also far from being a good album. (Updated track ratings after the final thoughts).

Live track by track review:

1. STARS: Very cute song despite its short length. Lyrically it just basically seems like they are welcoming us to the experience, with a couple of flex lines as well. The beat is quite great, and on genius it says that peggy has a credit on the beat too which is sort of apparent because of the drums, which are very dirty and crisp like the beat on a couple of songs from his latest solo album as well. I like the sample, the vocal harmonies are fantastic and the strings at the end are pretty moving too. I just wish the song was a bit longer with some more passages but it's cool. Overall rating: 7/5/10

2. KEYS TO MY LIFE: Solid track. This is pretty much a Kanye song with Ty Dolla only making an appearance throughout the hook. Kanye is touching on introspective themes such as relationships, acceptance and fame, with a couple of corny lines here and there but nothing too bad. The production is decent. I like the reversed beat that kicks in on the hook and the different sections but the pitched up vocal sample can get a little annoying. Overall rating: 7/10

3. PAID: What the fuck was that lmao? Meh... It's a little all over the place but also a bit charming. I feel like the track tries to do so many things in not a lot of time, with all of these different beat switches, odd vocal effects and weird samples. Some sections sound a bit off too, with the mix being very rough around the edges, which at times worked and at other times sounded very silly, like both of their performances here as well. On one hand I kinda like the chaotic vibe of the song but on the other hand it has plenty of low moments. It's alright for the most part. Overall rating: 6/10

4. TALKING: Yo North is so much fucking better than Adonis fr. The song is divided to two parts. On the first half is just North fucking around which sounded cute but it's a bit unnecessary with the context of the rest of the song. The two parts are not really connected to each other. The second half is very introspective, with Ty Dolla singing nicely about his daughter, about her growing up fast and his feelings and responsibilities towards her and the family. The production is a little weird, with James Blake working on it as well. The beat is eclectic, but kinda compelling. Overall rating: 7/10

5. BACK TO ME: Definitely one of the strongest tracks so far even though it has its issues. The production is honestly pretty incredible, I like the drums A LOT, so striking and heavy. The main refrain of the song is a little silly, and Kanye sounds slightly stupid on the second verse, but I like the hook by Ty Dolla and Freddie's feature in the end of the track was quite good as well. I don't think it's perfect but it's one of the best ones thus far. Overall rating: 7.5/10

6. HOODRAT: Hoodrat, hoodrat, hoodrat, hoodrat, hoodrat, hoodrat, hoodrat, hoodrat, hoodrat, hoodrat, hoodrat, hoodrat, hoodrat, hoodrat, hoodrat, hoodrat, hoodrat, hoodrat, hoodrat, hoodrat, hoodrat, hoodrat, hoodrat, hoodrat, hoodrat, hoodrat, hoodrat, hoodrat, hoodrat, hoodrat, hoodrat, hoodrat, hoodrat, hoodrat, hoodrat, hoodrat, hoodrat, hoodrat, hoodrat, hoodrat, hoodrat, hoodrat, hoodrat. The Mike Tyson vocal sample is lame. Overall rating: 7/10

7. DO IT: Meh... One of the weakest ones so far but not bad. I'm not the biggest fan of the production, the beat is pretty generic, and the beat switch towards the end sounds pretty terrible in my opinion, with this goofy ass sample. But the hook from Ty Dolla was catchy and they brought plenty of energy. Overall rating: 6.5/10

8. PAPERWORK: Cool track. I actually think that the eclectic and odd mix worked pretty well over here, and I love the eerie atmosphere of the song. The distorted bass line went hard and the sudden hits of noisy synths somehow worked with the vibe of the song perfectly. The performances were solid for the most part, and Quavo was... Quavo. I just wish that the track would contain a beat drop and some kind of a climax at the end, because it seems like it's building tension towards pretty much nothing. But it's solid. Overall rating: 7/10

9. BURN: Certainly one of the most accessible and digestible tracks on the tracklist. The mix actually sounds great, with beautiful keys and synths. Ty Dolla's hook is fantastic, very infectious and addictive, and Kanye was decent too. If the song was longer it would be the best one so far but it's very short which sucks. Overall rating: 7.5/10

10. FUK SUMN: Yup, my favorite track so far. Although the production was eclectic and some of the progressions were questionable, I feel like everything worked within the intoxicating and loose vibe of the song. The features were great, Travis gave exactly what he needed to contribute, and I don't know if the second one was Future or Carti with his low voice lmao, but he was awesome too. The refrains and the hook were amazing, it was catchy, mesmerizing and very fun, which is what you want from a track with these specific features. Overall rating: 8/10

11. VULTURES: I hated the song as a single, and I hate it even more now. The beat is extremely boring and tasteless, with nothing grabbing or at least unique like most of the songs on the tracklist until this point. Everyone sounded so uninterested in the actual track with no energy at all, and the best feature was actually Lil Durk who at least tried I guess. Everything here is simply so lame, from the verses to the performances and the production. Overall rating: 3.5/10

12. CARNIVAL: Actually pretty great. I like the choir vocal sample a lot, it brings so much hype to the table. The hook was incredibly catchy and fiery as well. Kanye and Ty Dolla's performances were quite electric and exciting especially after the dull performances from the previous track. I'm kinda indifferent about the Carti feature, who used his low voice and sounded weird and a little out of place but also slightly intoxicating simultaneously. Overall rating: 8/10

13. GOOD (DON'T DIE): Another banger tbh. It's easily one of the most stripped back songs on the album but also one of the most emotional and introspective ones. It sounds like Kanye and Ty Dolla are talking about suicidal thoughts, staying alive during the night despite the heavy thoughts and struggles. The production is insanely immersive and hypnotic, with comforting synths, a mesmerizing bassline and a stunning vocal sample. Overall rating: 8/10

14. PROBLEMATIC: Well, Kanye faces all the backlash towards him, with some questionable lines, but it's more boring than offensive for me. He talks about how influential he is and blah blah blah, nothing interesting on the track lyrically even though it's very introspective on paper. The production is not very engaging, the soul vocal sample was cute but as the song progressed it became more and more boring, but not too bad. Overall rating: 6.5/10

15. KING: The song kinda sounds like ass, the mix is all over the place. The drums are buried in the mix, their vocals were too loud at times and I hated some of the vocal effects and inflections. It has a lot of energy but it's not very focused. Lyrically... Kanye is basically saying " I'm still the king", sure you are. Overall rating: 6/10

16. BEG FORGIVENESS: I'll review this track very quickly because I need to go. This is easily one of the best on the album and a great closer. Kanye is dealing once again with his actions and it almost feels like a spiritual experience with this larger than life vocal sample that repeats the refrain "Beg forgiveness". Overall rating: 8/10

Final thoughts: VULTURES is an interesting project. It's chaotic, rough around the edges, bizarre and inconsistent. However, it has some great moments and some of Kanye's best songs in a long time are on this album. Its unpredictable nature is thrilling and it's rarely boring. Despite the underwhelming songs it's a compelling record.

Track Ratings
15PROBLEMATIC / 50
16KING / 45
hi aoty user barcooper
2w
Wait I can't listen on Apple music lol, it's blocking me, does anyone have a link?
2w
my bad are you logged in? if you are it should be working
2w
make sure to listen to the version with beg forgiveness
THE MIXING IS ASS!!!!
2w
paid mixing is so fucking bad it better get fixed
2w
Is it true that few songs were produced by peggy?
2w
Great review! I'm currently waiting for Spotify to stop screwing around and actually add it but thank you for this review. Can't wait
2w
Lmao we have the same rating i swear i did not copy even though i was following your review
2w
@Joedanl Thank you so much dude! I hope Spotify will stop screwing around soon lol.

@Up4life Xddd my man!!
2w
Halfway through the album and "PAID" is my favorite so far. But I understand why you don't like it lol.
2w
@Musicnerddd I just thought it tried too much in such a short time. But I can see why you like it so much.
2w
@π“‘π“π“‘π“’π“žπ“žπ“Ÿπ“”π“‘πŸ–€ no problem keep up the amazing work! Always love to see your reviews pop up in the following section whenever I go to check out a classic album. And yeah, I'm pretty sure West said on his Insta that the album's gonna drop on Spotify sometime this weekend. Hopefully shouldn't be too long
@Joedanl Awww that warmed my heart bro, it means a lot! <3
If he doesn’t release in Spotify I’m going to blow
2w
@π“‘π“π“‘π“’π“žπ“žπ“Ÿπ“”π“‘πŸ–€ no probs bro and time <3 also the album cover is kinda interesting, is he meant to be Jason Voorhess? And is this album cover the reason why he kept posting half-naked pics of his wife all the time?

@SuperLumpDump same, Spotify is like the biggest service
Real.
2w
@Joedanl Yeah maybe his Instagram photos were teasers towards this I guess, but I don't think it's that deep lmao. I think the cover is pretty cool though.

@SuperLuperDump Nah I'm sure he'll release it on Spotify soon
2w
@π“‘π“π“‘π“’π“žπ“žπ“Ÿπ“”π“‘πŸ–€ Yeah, fairs. I wonder if his wife will get a feature in 2 and 3 since his daughter did
2w
Cover art is pretty cool, I didn't know Ty Dolla $ign was packing booty like that.
2w
It’s weird that I don’t have any expectations towards this album, I think I’m probably mad just because Kanye fans can get out of his emailed pepe, I still hope this album is pretty good but I’m still intrigued, awesome review and I can’t wait to listen to a bad quality version of this album on YouTube 😭
2w
@Joedanl Lol get Kim on the album as well if we are already brining the whole family

@Vibes R' US He should be in the GOAT conversation just for this tbh
2w
@ToastedGio I honestly thought it's gonna be awful but it's a good project for the most part. And I hope you'll find a listenable version of it quality-wise lmao that's so annoyingπŸ˜‚
2w
update: it's on Spotify!!! (kinda, not loading for me)
well written review
i love your reviews sm
2w
just finished it, I would give a similar score tbh
2w
Solid review! Dude the Drake leak is insane like wtf?
2w
@Joedanl Based, what's your favorite song?

@tidus84 Thanks!!
2w
@zofqaa Holy shit thank you :)

@CabooseBeech Yeah I haven't seen it but I heard the rumours lmao. And tnx!
2w
Great review man I've been enjoying this album quite a lot but I do have my bias lol
2w
review? review!! REVIEWW a good one
2w
@MontyDog123 It's alright everyone has their favorites xd, mine is Dj Khaled of course. And thank you man!! <3

@ctrl_ πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™
2w
@π“‘π“π“‘π“’π“žπ“žπ“Ÿπ“”π“‘πŸ–€ Possibly GOOD DONT DIE, hbu?!
[hidden]
@Joedanl Great pick, mine is probably FUK SUMN or GOOD DONT DIE too

@Skye Then don't
2w
@π“‘π“π“‘π“’π“žπ“žπ“Ÿπ“”π“‘πŸ–€ very good choices! Looking forward to Carti when he drops
2w
thanks for using the word shlonggy
2w
@Joedanl Im a little worried about that album tbh, the singles were pretty hit or miss for me

@carrotX Of course
2w
How tf is Stars "cute" with lines like "Keep a few Jews on the staff now"????
2w
@HattieJosh I was talking more about the production, the line is terrible
1w
I'm just curious. You said that this album features some of Kanye's "best songs in a long time". Do you really think almost all of Donda is worse than this? On the contrary I don't think there's one song on here that is as memorable as almost all of Donda, besides maybe Back To Me and Fuk Sumn
1w
@BuckGotThoughts I haven't heard Donda :/ But I said that the album grew off me quite a bit, and I don't feel as strongly about the highlights as well. Anyway, I can't compare it to Donda because I didn't listen to it.
1w
@BARCOOPER ahh okay my bad. Didn't realize so. Great review as always regardless. Mine is being finalized as we speak
1w
Barcooper patiently waiting for aoty users to rate the album so he can know what he thinks about it:
1w
@BuckGotThoughts Np man , thank you :)

@mye Yeah of course you would be the one to jump on the opportunity to write stupid shit like that, you always try to be toxic in my comments when you have the chance. Even though I literally said that I'm not lowering my score because of other people, the album GENIUNALY grew off me with more listens, it happens. And btw maybe go see my other reviews for new albums, reviews that are coming out in the minute that the album is reviewable on the site, before the rest of the site has decided its opinion on the album. And it's extremely rare that I actually change a rating. But think whatever u want, I don't give a single fuck.
1w
Don't be so angry, these people just want to provoque you.. just continue your way <3
1w
@barcooper Are these toxic comments of mine just here with us in the room? I don't recall ever leaving them, and this one isn't toxic either. It's just irony about the ignorance of some users towards the online music culture they've unwittingly created and are now immersed in.
Good review
@Ritzu Yeah I was a little upset, thanks <3

@mye You did leave a few comments in that style on my reviews in the past. And good for you, but I literally said that it wasn't the case here, and I explained that the album grew off me and why, not because of other people's opinions. But you still decided to write the most obvious and lame thing possible.
1w
@mye it literally says in the review lmao
1d