50 Cent - Get Rich or Die Tryin'
Jan 11, 2021
How has 50 Cent ever found his way in the conversation of “the best rappers of all time”? This is his best album by far, and it’s still not very good. 21 songs and over an hour and 15 minutes from a rapper who I find uninteresting; it’s the same case with Drake but I’ll tear him to shreds later.

In the words of The Guardian- “ He can't rap, he can't write, he can't even insult people ... what use is 50 Cent?” and that’s the question I’ll be tackling today.

Get Rich or Die Trying has sold 11 million units— is this bought by gym companies to blast on the speakers while people break their backs working out? Mentioning his second full LP, it commercially flopped; not even Marshall Mathers could bring him another hit on that album. Speaking of ol’ Nemnem here, he’s probably the best feature here because this is when he was in his prime and not insane. Lmao.

This album is over an hour long and peaks in the intro is the best common saying I have to describe this. 50 Cent isn’t an interesting rapper at all. His beats aren’t interesting, his voice isn’t interesting, he’s not a good storyteller, and all his songs are one dimensional. When I seriously began cd collecting, this was one of the first albums I ever got. When I was the tender age of 8 in 2010. This was probably the first album that I gave away as well.

He doesn’t have much to say. He just talks about standard gangsta rap topics and unlike Freddie Gibbs and 21 Savage, his protégés, his production is boring while the other two have lively production. Take the song High All The Time. So damn boring. He doesn’t even rap half of this time. I’ve always thought the argument of mumble rap was stupid. 50 Cent mumbles. Is he a mumble rapper? Might as well be, right?

Just a classic album that has aged horribly, even worse because it was never fucking good.

Best songs - Eminem’s 40 second phoned in feature
Worst songs - heat, u not like me
Wow didn't expect this
goddamn
Fantano's burner.

Seriously tho, I've always found 50's voice and his rapping style to be really boring.
Great review! :)