6LACK - 6pc Hot EP
Jun 26, 2020
I used to intentionally call him six-lack while knowing his name was black but when I heard that Jessie Reyez song where he said that it made him sad, I stopped lol.

Anyways, this is an extremely disappointing release from 6LACK. I know this is just a throwaway mixtape and 6LACK has never really been the most interesting R&B artist out there, but I was expecting him to at least try a little bit. Especially when the rollout for the album dropped and I saw the cool album concept and lottery scratch-off thing, I was expecting at least something and this is so unfortunate. 6LACK has always had a really monotone and mellow form of delivery but he was able to make up for it with interesting and mellow production that matched his delivery and with sound lyricism. This sounds like he just looked up 6 Drake type beats on Youtube and recorded all of the songs without even getting out of bed. Obviously there were some highlights like the Lil Baby feature and the production on Elephant In The Room, but the majority of this album is so under-produced and low-effort that it’s difficult to finish, despite it being only 18 minutes. I like 6LACK and I know he’s a talented artist, but this has to be one of the most disappointing releases of 2020 so far.

Tracklist Ranked:

Elephant In The Room
Know My Rights (ft. Lil Baby)
Float
JayArtee
Pop Smoke - Shoot for the Stars, Aim for the Moon
Pop Smoke
Shoot for the Stars, Aim for the Moon
Jessie Ware - What's Your Pleasure?
Jessie Ware