YoungBoy Never Broke Again - Top
Sep 12, 2020 (updated Sep 12, 2020)
I fully understand the appeal behind Youngboy and I understand why people would want to enjoy his music, but I will never understand why people decided to make him one of the most relevant rappers in the world right now. Absolutely everything he does is done better by someone else. If you like his more abrasive and energetic style of rapping, just listen to NLE Choppa. If you like his more stripped down style of rapping, just listen to Lil Baby. If you like his production and beat selection, just listen to Rod Wave. If you like his lyrics, just listen to Polo G. He doesn’t do anything creative, interesting, or unique in any way. He couldn’t even come up with his own album cover. I think it tells a lot about the quality of his music that a 6-month break from releasing could be considered a “hiatus” and is the longest time he’s ever spent not making music. This entire album is just 58 minutes of straight up background music. The autotune usage and mixing is disgusting and his delivery sounds the exact same the whole time. I’ve heard really good verses and songs from him and I don’t want to come off as a hater because I have appreciated his music before and some of the songs are “acceptable”, but this is easily one of the most unsettling, boring, and hard-to-listen-to projects to come out of this year so far.

Tracklist Ranked:

Dirty Stick
House Arrest Tingz
Drug Addiction
To My Lowest
My Window (feat. Lil Wayne)
Sticks With Me
Murder Business
Boom
All In
Big Bankroll
Callin (feat. Snoop Dogg)
Fuck Ya!
Cross Roads
Right Foot Creep
Reaper’s Child
Sep 13, 2020
I understand what you're trying to say. Great review! :)
Sep 13, 2020