John Mayer - Where the Light Is: John Mayer Live in Los Angeles
Jan 28, 2020
John Mayer is literally a god. This is by far the best live performance I have ever had the privilege of listening to. We have in the first acoustic section starting out with the kick in the balls, guitar genius of 'Neon'. Expertly performed and excellent vocals on top of that. Then onto the heartwarming reminiscent songs of 'Stop This Train' to 'Daughters' to 'Free Fallin', and one of my favorite songs of all time, 'In Your Atmosphere'. "I'd die if i saw you, I'd die if I didn't see you there. So i don't think i'm gonna go to L.A. anymore". Some of his best writing. Striking heart strings, pulling on emotions, and along with his acoustic playing make this the best song on the album. This section is by far my favorite out of three but by no means takes away from my opinion of the rest of the album.

Next we have the Trio Set section. Here we have some of the best Jimi Hendrix covers i have heard, the songs 'Wait Until Tomorrow' and 'Bold as Love'. John Mayer gives tribute to the greatest of all time and providing a banger for us to listen to on top if it, what else could a fan ask for. This section also gave us some classic Mayer from the songs 'Vultures' and 'Out of my Mind', delivering all of these songs with true greatness.

Lastly, we have his Full Band section. This is where John Mayer truly shows the talent of his band, and shines as a guitarist. And what better way to hype up the crowd and start it off than with 'Waiting on the World to Change', 'Slow Dancing in a Burning Room', and 'Why Georgia' back to back to back, and the best is yet to come. Then 'The Heart of Life' a heartwarming song about being there for your love through the hardest of times, another one of my favorites. Of course we have the 'I Don't Need No Doctor' cover, once again showing John Mayer's respect for the greats before him and his skills as a guitarist. But noting will tell us better than his performance of 'Gravity'. This standout track is the definition of why John Mayer is one of the greatest of all time. He elegantly performs and emotionally attacks this song making it a contestant in the best live performance of the decade. This performance is so perfect and amazing it honestly takes away from the last three songs of the live album 'I Don't Trust Myself (With Loving You)', 'Belief', and 'I'm Gonna Find Another You'.
This performance will forever be remembered and idolized, and will go down as one of the greatest performances in music history. Need I say more?
Comments