Coldplay - Everyday Life
Jan 28, 2020
Before this album, I never liked Coldplay. I thought their music was unnecessarily popular, and honestly annoying. While having some shining moments musically like on 'Fix You' I did not like them at all. But this album has completely changed my opinion on Coldplay. This album is complete and rare genius. Never have I been so emotionally influenced and attached to an album. Musically on songs such as Church, Trouble In Town, Arabesque, track six on Sunset (sorry, i don't know how to spell that out) giving a Beethoven meets Coldplay kind of interlude, and of course Everyday Life. The musical inspiration behind this album was evident. Chris Martin did an amazing job taking pieces of other cultures and incorporating them into this album. Lyrically this album deserves just as much praise. The songs offer such simplicity but deep meaning on songs such as 'Daddy' and 'Guns' while inciting thought and contemplation while cutting to the heart. After listening to this album on repeat for a month i became more open minded to the rest of Coldplays music, and now I really appreciate Coldplay and genuinely love their music. Coldplay deserves a standing ovation for this album.
Standout Tracks: Church, Trouble in Town, Daddy, Arabesque, Everyday Life