Freddie Gibbs & Madlib - Bandana
Jun 28, 2019 (updated Aug 25, 2019)
Edit: Eh, starting to feel the teardown of the second half of the year :/

YOU, HAVE GOT, TO BE FUCKING WITH M E

WOW. Ok. Well, to start more than anything, if you loved Piñata? You won’t be disappointed. The chemistry is all the same as the album previous. Bandana, track through track, is one of the smoothest yet exciting hip hop records I think I’ve ever heard personally.

Freddie and Madlib really do come through with the energy like they know they had to do some special shit, and they did. Every part to this record shines, from the beats to Freddie once again spitting fantastic verses that tell stories. One thing more than ever is Bandana also has a side of humour to it, tracks like Flat Tummy Tea or Palmolive.

Then, the FEATURES, are fantastic. Pusha T and .Paak especially, who go absolutely crazy with their spots. Black Thought also puts in work on his track towards the end on Education. Which is also just another track with great focus, great lyrics with detail. It’s a highlight, along with Fake Names and Crime Pays.

And the outro, Soul Right, is impeccable. It’s a sweet send off for an album such as this.

Final comment is, the album cover is easily my favourite art of 2019.
Aug 24, 2019
I keep staring at the feed and noticing how opposites we are with music, but it is still so cool
Aug 25, 2019
Its neat to see the contrast, part of why I love this site :D
luna128