Beach Bunny - Honeymoon
Feb 14, 2020
Beach Bunny, an act I’ve had my eye on for about a year now I’d say, decided to drop their debut on Valentine’s day. While in all honesty it’s rather predictable and tame, it’s pretty cute and inoffensive. The vocals and instrumentals are enough to induce a smile here and there and arguably, Beach Bunny know how to put a song together quite well.

The only real weaknesses the album suffers from in my eyes is there isn’t a wide range of topics mentioned or a great switch-up of themes, as they often delve into a sort of teenage mode of heartbreak, but I think the day they dropped this on is self-explanatory for that. Plus, I actually think they tackle that youthful approach to love in a somewhat cute and unconventional way. The other weakness is that the production isn’t exactly ground-breaking, but it’s pleasant. I wouldn’t call it an essential by any means, but it’s definitely worth a listen, especially for anyone just looking for a good, lovesick pop-punk record that’s short and bittersweet.
Comments