Burial - Untrue
Aug 12, 2019 (updated Aug 13, 2019)
Weirdly, Untrue was an album that I more or less just “trusted” one night, because I had a mood I needed to let flourish. I was feeling just very heated and tense, and after looking at the cover...I can very much say this is an album you can almost imagine without even listening to it. The cover syncs up extremely well with the music, which some may argue is a rarity.

I’m not exactly one for dance/electronic but, something about how each of these samples are weaved into the instrumentals and how each track is soaked with reverb, just really makes every song very atmospheric & very closed in. Like, this album makes me feel like I just woke up on a snowy weekend day, looked outside into a snowstorm, and decided to just keep my ass in bed. This album is just, COLD. I just get the sensation of my body temp. dropping with each listen. Every beat is so skeletal and is constantly changing and progressing into very mood altering experiences.

Might I just add that this album is also so indicative of the era it’s in. The samples being pulled from 00’s pop hits and how this really does sound like a “nightlife” album. I mean does it really get anymore into the late 2000’s than that? Despite that, though. This album is (like many) very forward thinking in its approach and production technique. While I can’t say i’m majorly fond of Burial’s latest work, this is a definite gem of the 2000’s, period.

- Favourite Tracks -

• Archangel
• Ghost Hardware
• Endorphin
• Raver
Aug 14, 2019
"This album is just, COLD."

🎶Jack frost, nipping at your nose 🎶
thomasny18