Klô Pelgag - Notre-Dame-des-Sept-Douleurs
Jun 26, 2020
Practically halfway through this pretty shitty year and we get blessed with this, thank you Chloé.

I've always cherished albums like these; when everything is harmonized so elegantly and stunningly... when it all seems pretty effortless... I really can't stop myself from loving it. When I listened to the latest single from Klô, "La maison jaune", I was pretty hooked.

"Notre-Dame-des-Sept-Douleurs" refers to a very small island, upstream in the Lawrence River in Quebec, containing a 200-year-old lighthouse with a very small population.

The language barrier isn't really there, it's just a beautiful factor in a soundscape of emotive, elegant pieces of Baroque Pop brilliance. It can feel at times, erratic and at times feel, totally calm. It's quite up and down, though in the best ways possible.

Astonishing moments here. Its kind of difficult to pick out certain songs as all of them are incredibly unique, certainly an album that I'd probably struggle to not play in full. I can't really fault any of the tracks except perhaps "Mélamine", which I found to be a tad overblown, but honestly, it's pretty minor.

So many aspects are flawless, this definitely could grow on me even further.

Marvellous. This better blow up on here...

Favourite Track: La maison jaune
Least Favourite Track: Mélamine (if I had to pick one)
Comments