Melanie Martinez - K-12
Sep 11, 2019
This album caused another, bot invasion... Sorra
Well anyways, when I actually listened to this album, it was, in short, a snooze fest
Melanie Martinez has been prominent figure in the art pop and scene kids group for awhile with her main attention coming from her original appearance on the voice and her covers for her to release some EPs then a single and then bam, a finished LP in 2015, now I never was into her music but going into this, I had a little higher expectations than the last album because the idea of a movie going along with it did sound intriguing. But what I ended up listening to, was this collective combination of high production, pretentious songs, that the main focus seems to be the overlying plot to the entire thing which doesnt end up adding anything because her concept character and album with the character are so unoriginal and uninspired that I really have to think that the core audience is people that never have written anything and just feed off of edgy romantized ideas that they find on the internet and find deep.
Comments