AOTY 2022
Weezer - Pinkerton
Jan 25, 2021 (updated Jan 26, 2021)
Pinkerton: the weezer album that made me deeply ponder the philosophy behind my ratings

so it all begins with my previous rating of pinkerton. it was a 58. but then i thought about something. there are albums that don’t have any songs that i come back to that had a higher rating than that. pinkerton has many songs i come back to, but it also has a lot of songs i dislike. this got me thinking: do i prefer an album to be consistently decent, but never great or to be inconsistent yet having some songs i love. i decided that i prefer the latter and upped the score of this album. but that got me thinking again..... how much do 10 points really matter? to me they do, but should they? should there be that big of a difference between a 5 and 6 out of 10?? i don’t know.

BGL13's Tags
1y
@Rater i don’t like the lyrics 😔
they’re cweepy.
and el scorcho is messy
1y
@ImplicitDoom assuming you’re replying to rater, yes, pinkerton is definitely an early emo record
Wheezer can not be emo
1y
@implicitdoom emo is a subgenre of alt-rock that’s mainly based on emotional lyrics.
1y
Ehh, not really. In some forms, sure, but that can’t be really used to describe emo.
@ImplicitDoom You're actually correct here