Mogwai - As The Love Continues
Feb 19, 2021 (updated Feb 19, 2021)
I'm sorry, but I can't say I ever found this record all that interesting. "As The Love Continues" is a more instrumentally centric release from Mogwai, incorporating elements from multiple different areas of the alt-rock genre. When combined, however, there was an edge that the album's sound lacked, a power that never seemed to show itself, hence creating my disinterest. Some moments on this record, contrary to what I just said, did sound very nice sonically. On tracks like "Ritchie Sacramento" and "Pat Stains", many of Mogwai's sounds relied on each other just enough, creating a pretty seamless sound overall. It was this seamlessness, however, that lacked on many tracks. The versatility of this record was also something I could get on board with. The album tackles both faster-paced and more sombre and grounded melodies, giving the album a lot of range. Many of these sonic progressions and ideas worked here, but they didn't work in a way that ever fully resounded with me. Mogwai's "As The Love Continues" came with many decent instrumentations, but none of them ever got me fully on board.

Best Tracks: Ritchie Sacramento, Drive the Nail, Pat Stains

Leave the Door Open
Zara Larsson - Poster Girl
Zara Larsson
Poster Girl
King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - L.W.
L.W.