Tyler, the Creator - Cherry Bomb
Apr 20, 2021 (updated Apr 20, 2021)
I'm probably one of the only people in the world who enjoy this record. When this record first came out, no one liked it. It was a laughing stock. But, looking back on it.... it was a great record. Sure, the mixing isn't that good, and it doesn't aim high, but the end result was very desirable. It's a very odd mix of rock, hip-hop, and jazz, that is just all over the place. This record fails to fit comfortably in Tyler's discography. "Goblin" and "B*****d" had a horrorcore feel to it with the lyrical shock value, while "Wolf" had a more soft side to it, while keeping some of that harshness to it, albeit with most of the shock value being gone. What does this record have that's different? This is why people really didn't like the record at release. But, overtime, it became a very underrated record, with some of Tyler's best songs on here. It has an amazing 5 track run that I liked from the start of the record, with gems like "BUFFALO" and the jazzy, slow jam that is "FIND YOUR WINGS", with Syd of The Internet and Kali Uchis providing some great vocals on the track. The record is all over the place though. There's just a ton of great stuff on this record, but it's super messy and all over the place, particularly in the second half. The fact there's the title track "CHERRY BOMB" right after "FIND YOUR WINGS" is mind-boggling. Both are good songs, sure, but who wants their ears blown off right after a slow jam? No one. The production here is actually really good, with the whole Tyler feel to it, with some of The Neptunes in it. I liked the synths here. They honestly are the best part of this record. This record is laughable, yeah, but it's really great. Don't listen to it, but it still slaps. Because I know damn well virtually no one else will enjoy this. Good record. Best song here is F***ING YOUNG.

REPLAY VALUE: HIGH

FAVORITE TRACKS: DEATHCAMP, BUFFALO, PILOT, F***ING YOUNG, PERFECT, RUN, 2SEATER, THE BROWN STAINS OF DARKEESE LATIFAH, SMUCKERS

LEAST FAVORITE TRACK: KEEP DA O'S
No Smuckers in favorite tracks? 😭😭😭
Apr 20, 2021
@ROLLO_P it's great i might add it
Apr 20, 2021
W, it's my pick for my favorite Kanye verse post-MBDTF
@Rollo_P FIND YOUR WING < SMUCKERS