Murmuüre - Murmuüre
Aug 6, 2022
Avant-garde & Atmospheric Black Metal act Murmuüre delivers just what is advertised: Avant-garde, Atmospheric Black Metal.

Despite it's 29 Minute runtime, this thing manages to pack quite a punch and an experience at that- I'd call it one of the best I've heard this year. There's quite a bit of ideas here that really do come off experimental, at least in regards to the genre of Black Metal. I also think this thing is packaged with a heavy Post-Rock influence- This felt like I was listening to a mini Godspeed You! Black Emperor album. It was such a cohesive, grand, and harrowing journey spanning such a short amount of time, it is quite a spectacle.

I've made it no secret that I love Black Metal, and I love some of the traditional sounds and concepts and philosophies the genre brings. But bands like these, bands like Murmuüre, are the ones that stand out the most to me. They take a sound and a genre that is very traditional and remained somewhat stagnant over it's lifetime, and they experiment with it- they add some spice to the recipe. THAT is what admire about this band, as well as bands like Deafheaven, Alcest, Krallice, Liturgy. They rake risks in a genre that is somewhat strict.

Highly recommend this, one of the best Black Metal projects I've heard this year.

8/10 👍